Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art History

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

ThrownAway wrote:
    Tomorow I'm studying

Newgrange
    Da Vinci/ Massaccio
    Romanesque and Gothic
    Gallery question

I'm definitely going to fail this paper tomorow but will pass the subject as a whole.

not if you study that lot. go in aiming for an A and not a pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

smemon wrote:
    not if you study that lot. go in aiming for an A and not a pass.
    I will get an A1 in the written paper tomorow :D
    That better?

Inside I'm dying

I've about two hours to get it all covered ...
    get up at nine
    study till eleven
    get ready
    head off to school at 1

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭HoboJesus

smemon wrote:
    your dam right i am deisedolly, wasnt up in 05, 04 or 03 :D
    it was on the pre's though - dunno if that means anything.

They usually try to predict what's coming up in the LC when making the pres, they probably just saw what you did. Here's hoping they're right =p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

The gallery question has been up like 4years in a row, last time it didn't make an appearence was 2001, lets hope they'll give it to us!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Right...I've basically done all the facets of impressionism (surely I have the question covered), Da Vinci, and for Ireleand just Newngrange & neolithic tombs. I don't have a gallery question prepared, I did a planning of an exhibition....apart from that it's all coming from my head

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 chairs

i know some stuff on van gogh, new grange and impressionism. shud be grand. is it true you can just make up a "local" artist for the exhibition question? I'll either do that or one of those easy design a poster types

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

chairs wrote:
    i know some stuff on van gogh, new grange and impressionism. shud be grand. is it true you can just make up a "local" artist for the exhibition question? I'll either do that or one of those easy design a poster types
    Of course it is. Surely you mean is it true you can get away with it ;) Yes, you can. As long as you make is plausable. With a bit of common sense you'll be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 chairs

haha yeah i suppose you're right! I'm all for getting away without knowing things so sounds good, excellent :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Zeuz

Of course it is. Surely you mean is it true you can get away with it ;) Yes, you can. As long as you make is plausable. With a bit of common sense you'll be fine.

Bounty Hunter is like a Motivational Life Saver :D

All hail me :p

I wanna know how you all got on today btw.

• Advertisement

The test is in 1.5 hours so I'm cramming. A question on Gothic/Romanesque arch/sculpture always comes up... right? I've covered plenty of Irish and Appreciation's always fine for me, even without study, just yeah, only covered the aforementioned for europe >.>.

[edit - wtf? I started writing this to say good luck to everyone then typed that. Odd. Good luck everyone :D]

it's 2.5 hours :( unfortunately woops edit: only copped on it's IN 1.5hrs

should be 2hours, we've way too much time. 50mins on each question!!

...so leave early? =p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭iggyman

i am pure boloxed for this test..i know noting except for newgrange and bronze and le tene culture..section 2 and three i know noting for

iggyman wrote:
    i am pure boloxed for this test..i know noting except for newgrange and bronze and le tene culture..section 2 and three i know noting for

same as, ohwell please let newgrange come up oh please!!! XD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

Yeah come on Newgrange and do us all a favour!! Good luck all! Last exam WOOOT!:D

ok on my way to School, Yes newgrage U can do it -- OH Hod :o please hahah Good luck guys and girls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 blah blah blah

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Newgrange and giotto!!!!

question 3 was a bitch for me! there were no catalogs or pamphlets left in the museum when we were there!!! I ended up writing about two lines for part b and then drawing some form of catalog...i think i even mentioned the argos catalog as a comparison!!!!! I'm an IDIOT!:eek:

Besides that though i'm pretty happy with how it went :D

Agh I was going to study him.
    Damn you MASSICCO and your existance :mad:

I didn't write down a or b in the question it's combined :eek: will I lose marks

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭blahhh

question 3 was a bitch for me! there were no catalogs or pamphlets left in the museum when we were there!!! I ended up writing about two lines for part b and then drawing some form of catalog...i think i even mentioned the argos catalog as a comparison!!!!! I'm an IDIOT!:eek:

Besides that though i'm pretty happy with how it went :D

We share the same name and comment.......except about qu 3, I did logo thing didn't have a clue.........ah well

• Advertisement

blahhh wrote:
    We share the same name and comment.......except about qu 3, I did logo thing didn't have a clue.........ah well
    CLONES!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Haha question 3 ended up being my best one! I did the Architecture one & I've done a few statements on urban design for college applications so it suited me down to the ground. I did Newgrange too and got 5/6 pages out of it but it seemed kind of boring. I did the Impressionism question and got kind of muddled up...I talked about Monet & Renoir but for the painting by Renoir I discussed, I called it one of Monet's ones! (similar names...hopefully they won't notice). I'd forgotten much of their respective lives but I was kind of able to make them seem like they personified Impressionism. I think I wrote about 16/17 pages altogether.

Overall I'm fairly happy, 'cos I didn't really study for it.

YES!!! just like i predicted - newgrange, da vinci and bluff work!!!

i laughed at question 17; (the 2nd part)

"what would be your main considerations when buying an electric kettle or a floor rug."

WTF?????? Is that even art?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

I had sex with that paper, it wasnt even funny, I got AT LEAST a B :D

I had sex with that paper, it wasnt even funny, I got AT LEAST a B :D

hope you used protection, did you bring a rubber with you :D

Eugh I pity the corrector wonder what you sealed it with :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

ThrownAway wrote:
    Eugh I pity the corrector wonder what you sealed it with :D
    lmao

That was a piece of cake. A piece of easy cake at that. I studied two things and both came up in spades. Now excuse me while I get drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Daddio wrote:
    lmao

That was a piece of cake. A piece of easy cake at that. I studied two things and both came up in spades. Now excuse me while I get drunk.

Me too! finished forever! going to a mates flat warming, LOL :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 blah blah blah

ThrownAway wrote:
    CLONES!! :D
    maybe we're even the same person! you'll never know!:eek:

• Advertisement

You bastards, the paper was a bitch when I was doing my exams. Well done everyone :)

Advertisement