Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying ferrari

Options
  • 23-05-2006 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

what garage would i go to if i was trying to buy a brand spanking new ferrari?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Charels Hurst in Belfast is the only Ferrari dealership in Ireland to my knowledge.

http://www.charleshurstgroup.co.uk/dealerships/dealership.asp?manufacturer=17&id=175

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Des Cullen cars 01 293 8840 used to have new Ferraris. They moved, so I don't know now

The question is Riddik, are you planning on buying a brand spanking new Ferrari?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

With the price difference between Ireland an Belgium it would nearly be cheaper to go buy it there an live in Belgium without work for a year and bring it back then. Bloody revenue.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Max_Damage wrote:
    The question is Riddik, are you planning on buying a brand spanking new Ferrari?
    Watch the news and we'll find out :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

i would call des cullen motors, richford motors, kelly car centre and of course belfast's charles hurst.
    but the main one would be belfast ot des cullen as they are the most experienced

what car are you thinking of getting.For new cars there is a wating list.:(

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Watch the news and we'll find out :p
    what do you mean, was it on the news

Hagar wrote:
    With the price difference between Ireland an Belgium it would nearly be cheaper to go buy it there an live in Belgium without work for a year and bring it back then. Bloody revenue.:mad:

Same can be said for buying cars in the States, example:

Mercedes Benz S500:

USA: $86,175
    Ireland: €139,590

:eek:

Max_Damage wrote:
    Same can be said for buying cars in the States, example:

Mercedes Benz S500:

USA: $86,175
    Ireland: €139,590

:eek:

yes but once it comes here you will have to pay all the bloody taxes.so it will be around irish price.and you save the hassle if you buy from ireland.
    are you sure new s500 is 139k, i donot think so its over 150k min

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭riddik

well aware of the waiting list! thanx guys. haha dont quite get the news comment but...!

• Advertisement

riddik wrote:
    well aware of the waiting list! thanx guys. haha dont quite get the news comment but...!
    are you really thinking of getting a ferrari or just asking the question:D

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭riddik

i no it sounds strange but im not gonna go into details. i might be but more than likely not. half curious/half actual possibility

riddik wrote:
    i no it sounds strange but im not gonna go into details. i might be but more than likely not. half curious/half actual possibility

so that means a no, as if someone wants a ferrari they just go out and buy a ferrari and they know exactly where to go.unlike you:D .

ah we all want ferraris so donot worry you are not the only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Hagar wrote:

If you can afford a brand new Ferrari then things like this usually don't bother you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭AJ!

If you were looking to get a Ferrari, Charles Hurst would be the best place to go because it is an official dealer. They will always have the best selection of used cars in the country.
    Des Cullen Cars get Ferraris in but you'll always be paying a huge premium whether it is new or used and they can get away with it because they know that if you're looking to buy a Ferrari in the Republic you will most likely have to go to them for it.
    Anyway if you're thinking of getting a new Ferrari now, you might be lucky to get it in about three years so...good luck with that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

Des Cullen keeps his ferrari's in the car park of the Beacon hotel in Sandyford Industrial Estate.

Pataman wrote:
    Des Cullen keeps his ferrari's in the car park of the Beacon hotel in Sandyford Industrial Estate.
    \

i think we all know that.i love going down there just for a glimps:D

riddik wrote:
    what garage would i go to if i was trying to buy a brand spanking new ferrari?
    if you are really thinking of getting a ferrari.my cousin has 2 for sale brand new 430's
    1 is hartop and one is convertible.both read top spec.
    he is based in manchester.I donot exactly know what his asking price is but it will be higher than retail price as theres over 3 year waiting list from most garages.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

riddik wrote:

You mean you bought a Lotto ticket and there's just the formality of the draw before you can place your order? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

milltown wrote:
    You mean you bought a Lotto ticket and there's just the formality of the draw before you can place your order? :D
    Hmmm, there was just one winner of the €4.2m at the weekend... :p:confused:

milltown wrote:

Id love to be the winner last weekend.it was bloody 4.2 million:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

what about the new lamborghini murcielago lp640? Where should I go to buy that when I have the money? :D

cormie wrote:
    what about the new lamborghini murcielago lp640? Where should I go to buy that when I have the money? :D

toy ba$tard,i want one of those:D , so stay away. i will go to china and buy one cheap.great quality:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

cormie wrote:

omg i want one after watching those videos

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

I believe that these guys www.sportandclassic.ie in Dublin have a lot in stock and are well ahead on the waiting lists for many prestige cars !

Isn't Des Cullen retiring or winding down a bit.........

drdre wrote:
    if you are really thinking of getting a ferrari.my cousin has 2 for sale brand new 430's. he is based in manchester.
    Who does your cousin work for?

AJ! wrote:
    Who does your cousin work for?

He works for himself in manchester.why? and my other cousin has new m5.i got to drive them before.

• Advertisement

drdre wrote:
    He works for himself in manchester.why? and my other cousin has new m5.i got to drive them before.
    So is he a car dealer? Just thought he might have worked for a Ferrari dealer. I was just wondering.
    By "them" do you mean you drove an F430 aswell?

Advertisement