Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

neck issues

Options
  • 23-05-2006 7:33pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭

i had a bar in my neck, fairly sure it was a shoddy job, done in mexico, it grew out, have a tiny tiny scar, i wanna get it again, think that the last one is a sign its a bad idea or can i blame it all on shoddy piercing?

wheres best in dublin for this type, how much and what should i ask/look out for?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Snakebite on Abbey Street, especially if it has already had problems.
    They should explain things pretty well in there, I wouldn't hazard a guess at what you should look out for cos I dont have any neck piercings but Snakebite should be able to sort you no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

Snake bite are the best for this work. People should be careful about who they choose to do surface piercing's as there is alot more know how involved in finding the correct placement. Was the bar you got in mexico straight on bent like a staple?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i know, i learnt my lesson the hard way in mexico, it was a straight bar, I want to do it properly this time. so sanke bite seems to be the best, i think i asked in their for a price, bout 60 euro i think i was told, does that sound right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭cactushan

got my 2 done in snakebite they are 75e.prob only place i would get it done in dublin me thinks

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

cool cool. how long have you had yours in, what sort of bar did you get?

• Advertisement

somethin like this except a bit longer.
    have had one 2yrs and the other since august

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Always wonderd which method they ise to put in those trough bars

cool cool. how long have you had yours in, what sort of bar did you get?

For this type of piercing it is required that you use a staple shaped bar, otherwise it will migrate out very quickly. Mine migrated out very recently after serving me well for 2 years but this doesn't mean yours will as the success rate with nape piercings are very high.

Wilburt wrote:
    Always wonderd which method they ise to put in those trough bars

Slowly with the hand. You only feel the breeching pinch on either side and as the needle is guided gently underneath the skin there is no pain.

thats whatwent wrong last time i guess then, i had a striaght bar and it grew out with in 8 months

• Advertisement

thats whatwent wrong last time i guess then, i had a striaght bar and it grew out with in 8 months

8 months is a suprisingly long time for a straight bar to stay. I suspect you'll have good success with the staple shaped bar!

yeah well it was weeping for a good while too, kept getting slightly infected. can they pierce under the scar tissue again or will it be done above or below it?

yeah well it was weeping for a good while too, kept getting slightly infected. can they pierce under the scar tissue again or will it be done above or below it?

Piercing under scar tissue generally isnt a problem and will actually help to keep the piercing in place a little better than normal skin. Can't really say what your situation will be because I haven't seen the scarr but I would be hopeful

cool, i just don't wanna end up with a series of scars on my neck when the next eventually comes out, if my neck doesnt reject does that mean in general my body wont reject if i get surface in other places ie 637PICT0009-med.JPG

ah anti-eyebrows, id say they are úber hard to keep from rejecting

cool, i just don't wanna end up with a series of scars on my neck when the next eventually comes out, if my neck doesnt reject does that mean in general my body wont reject if i get surface in other places ie

It's true that some peoples bodies hold better than others but an anti-eyebrow is going to be hard to keep regardless!

PS- That ladies lovely

i could see myself catching that on a 100 things
    but they are pretty cool

The old battle of cool vs. practicality!
    fresh nipple piercings are the same! getting caught on clothes, and god help you if you are a woman ;)

Wilburt wrote:
    ah anti-eyebrows, id say they are úber hard to keep from rejecting

but they are the bees knees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

Wilburt wrote:
    The old battle of cool vs. practicality!
    fresh nipple piercings are the same! getting caught on clothes, and god help you if you are a woman ;)
    I find my nipples piercings grand, and I'm a women :P only one of them has ever got caught on anything, and that was a once off and not too painful.

• Advertisement

<sigh>
    went in today to get it done, i was told to leave it a month or two to let it heal up a biy more, theres still blood circulating in the scar...grr

edibility: hmm ive caught mine on some things, just brushing of sh1t like. Hurt like no other pain (bar kick to the nuts etc.)

Wanna get my nape pierced also, the plans i have :D:rolleyes:

healing time can be up to a year, its alot of work...but so so cool lookin :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

I had a new places done. My Nipple for one and I've had it caught on a few things its more a sting than a pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

Wilburt wrote:
    edibility: hmm ive caught mine on some things, just brushing of sh1t like. Hurt like no other pain (bar kick to the nuts etc.)

Wanna get my nape pierced also, the plans i have :D:rolleyes:

Wait til you get your nape caught on something when you're on your own. Reaching behind your own neck and trying desperately not to pull on it is great fun :D just had to take mine out though, started rejecting *sniffles*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

I'm keen to get my nape pierced as well however as a chick with long hair I'm a bit apprehensive.. especially as I'm always getting my nipple piercing caught on *something*.. clutz does come to my mind as well ;)

yeah i can see myself twiddling with a nape piercing alright, do it with all my other ones! lol

if i go into snakebite and tell them i have the intention of getting multipal piercings on my neck would they stick one under or above in the meantime?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Silent Grape

im also waiting for the scar tissue to be okay to repierce, i had my nape done for three years, then it decided to go nuts and had to take it out. actually i didnt HAVE to take it out, he (steve in snakbite) said it would have healed eventually, but the pain was too much to handle.

grr i miss it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement