Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entertaining novel with Leaving Cert level German

Options
  • 23-05-2006 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Is there any interesting/entertaining book that you would recommend for this level of German? All suggestions welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Bill McH

The only complete book I ever read in German was "Schachnovelle" by Stefan Zweig. An excellent book, about 100 or so pages long. That was many years ago, after I had been living in the country for a couple of years. I don't know how the standard would compare to the Leaving Cert though. It was, however, recommended to me as a good book to start off with.

I found it thoroughly enjoyable. Broadly speaking, it's about Chess, but you don't need to know anything about the game or be good at it, so it suited me!:p

I read it again recently in English (it's called "The Royal Game") - not as good the second time round if you know the story. As usual.

Advertisement