Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any computer stores in south Dublin?

• 23-05-2006 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭

The title says it all. Any stores that sell all sorts of computer components, not just computers.

The only two I know of are PC World in Liffey Valley and Blanch, buy they are a bit of the beaten track for me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Peats, maplins in town. Most other places are a rip off, and you would find much cheaper on the net inc delivery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

IT Direct is in Parliment Street. There's a small place in Chatham Street, off Grafton Street. Peats has a small place on Dame Street but I think all they sell there are boxes of matches or something - there's **** all room for anything else anyhow (smallest shop ... ever)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

That shop was formerly the smallest flower shop ever. I was going to go in one day out of curiosiy but noticed that they had another customer crammed in there. You'll most likely save yourself some cash if you buy off somewhere like komplett.ie and the like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Thanks for the advice, but unfortantly I do not have a credit card (or any bank card for that mater).:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

www.3v.ie

credit card for the masses.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Spliffany692000

what about lazer in dundrum??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

^ not great prices and poor range.
    There's a PC World in Carrickmines. Yes, it's a crappy PC world, but it might have what you're looking for.

But yea online is best. elara.ie, microaid.ie and komplett.ie are my recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 garrath

art wrote:
    IT Direct is in Parliment Street. There's a small place in Chatham Street, off Grafton Street. Peats has a small place on Dame Street but I think all they sell there are boxes of matches or something - there's **** all room for anything else anyhow (smallest shop ... ever)

Just a note: IT Direct have the lousiest staff in existence. They are just downright rude, so I would suggest you take your business someplace else. I think I have been in there 3 times, each time the guy behind the counter was not only arrogant, but seemed like he didn't care for the business. I was going to buy something there, but decided against it on his attitude alone.

I've dealt with Unity Etail before; they're not the best in terms of service, but they can get you cheap components. I think they order everything online, and have it sent to them. Then you go collect it. Just don't pay upfront. Give them some stick and they'll capitulate. Good if you don't have a credit card for online shopping. I've only dealt with them once though, so you should seek other opinions.

Peats (on Parnell st, not Westmoreland st) and Maplins are both quite expensive, but if you're stuck, they'll do. Just stay away from Dixons/PC World etc. Also, think about getting a credit card, you'll save a good bit buying online. I think Jes.de take iban rather than credit card, maybe you should check that out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

www.dawnmicro.com - its in Goatstown. Bought some stuff from them only one with a problem - return/replacement was no problem.

Only open 10am-2pm on Saturday though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

garrath wrote:
    Just a note: IT Direct have the lousiest staff in existence. They are just downright rude, so I would suggest you take your business someplace else. I think I have been in there 3 times, each time the guy behind the counter was not only arrogant, but seemed like he didn't care for the business. I was going to buy something there, but decided against it on his attitude alone.

Peats (on Parnell st, not Westmoreland st) and Maplins are both quite expensive, but if you're stuck, they'll do. Just stay away from Dixons/PC World etc. Also, think about getting a credit card, you'll save a good bit buying online. I think Jes.de take iban rather than credit card, maybe you should check that out.

The OP asked for southside locations so I mentioned IT Direct but totally agree, the odd times I've been in touch with them I just found them to be a pain in the ass. I've consequently never bought from there.

I don't think JES will deliver to Ireland anymore? Seem to remember they changed their policy a while back? Anyhow, Komplett is all in English and easier thus to deal with. I have found http://www.kustompcs.co.uk to be good to deal with too for other items.

So, bottom line, best place to buy in Dublin is basically the internet! Get one of them 3V vouchers and you're away...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 103 ✭✭irish_stu

jaguar computers in ballymount,and digital media direct in tallaght,i deal alot with digital media,good selection of components,reasonably priced too,built my first pc with parts from dawnmicro in goatstown,but i find them very pricey,and they open when it suits them,

• Registered Users Posts: 41 dontbossme

art wrote: »
    Peats has a small place on Dame Street but I think all they sell there are boxes of matches or something - there's **** all room for anything else anyhow (smallest shop ... ever)

This made my day some laugh i had there

Good 1

ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

dontbossme wrote: »
    This made my day some laugh i had there

Good 1

ha ha

Thread back from the dead...

• Registered Users Posts: 41 dontbossme

Saadyst wrote: »
    Thread back from the dead...