Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what rucksack for cycling

Options
  • 23-05-2006 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭

hi
    i am looking for a good quality 20l rucksack that i can use for city commuting to hold a change of clothes.

it doesnt need to be anything fancy or to have loads of pockets, just something well made and durable.

can any of you recommend one?

thanks

s.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭ciaranr

I got a Riptear (TM) rucksack from Elvery Sports for a very reasonable 17.99 i think. Its a shade over 20L, use it for college, hiking etc., its cheap, tough and comfortable. Not sure about street cred.. but who cares!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

cheers yeah i picked up one on ebay for a tenner or so (new), its karrimor so
    it should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I've been looking for a decent bag myself lately, someone mentioned on here a while ago about berghaus bag that is desgined to let air flow down your back and stop that irritating sweating than can happen on long cycle with a bag on your back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Don't laugh, but I got an excellent one in Dunnes about a year back. It's about 25l, two separately zipped sections with lots of inner pockets but no outer ones, seems to be waterproof, a re-enforced back so that it doesn't get *too* sweaty (but it's on my panniers most of the time anyway) and it hasn't got an outrageous amount of straps to get caught in stuff either.

And it cost €12 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I've been looking for a decent bag myself lately, someone mentioned on here a while ago about berghaus bag that is desgined to let air flow down your back and stop that irritating sweating than can happen on long cycle with a bag on your back.

I have a Deuter version of a bag like that. It's about 22L. It works pretty good. You will still be somewhat sweaty, just not as much

http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524442589869&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302699687&bmUID=1148629210751

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭milod

I got a nice Jansport bag with mesh and two ridges which supposedly sits off your back to prevent sweating - but I still sweat like buggery. I can't stand panniers though - make you look like a college professor :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

someone mentioned on here a while ago about berghaus bag that is desgined to let air flow down your back
    Berghaus Freeflow 20litre is the bag you are thinking of. I have it and it is a considerable improvement on the standard backpack that I used to use for my commute. I also use it when running and it has waist and chest straps to keep it tight to my body and not bounce around.
    I still sweat but that's mostly me. The arched shape can make carrying some things a little awkward but I am very happy with it. I think I paid aroud 65 euro in Millets.

Advertisement