Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Springs

Options
  • 23-05-2006 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever heard tell of Mad Springs. A fella mentioned them to me last year in relation to my 96 jap Camry whose rear springs are very very soft, the car bottoms out over bumps with 3 up and luggage. Not nice. My mechanic has recommended that I replace one shock at the back so I though I may aswell do the whole lot, springs and shocks.The idea with these 'mad' ones is that they give the car a couple of extra inches which cuts out the problem. I would rather not get the originals as there crap to start with. The reason I ask is that with a Jap import any unusal part, likes srings, need to be removed and brought down to wherever to try and get a matching one, this is time consuming and can mean the car off the road if the parts not available.SO anyone hear of mad springs and where to get them, and with shocks, preferably gas I'm told,are they mostly the same in that one would fit a Toyota, one a ford etc.
    Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If the MAD springs raise the car a few inches that'll kill the road handling on twisty bits! Never haerd of them myself but with the magic of google....

http://www.mad-suspension.co.uk/sportive.htm

Mike,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

It never occured to me to look on the net:o Thanks Mike. TBH honest, I wouldn't worry about handling, it's rare I get to go over 70 mph, most customers dont appreciate a speed freak,so a 30 mph toodle about town is the worst it can expect.

Advertisement