Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat BT+

• 24-05-2006 1:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭

Anyone having problems with this in the past week? :mad: My connection keeps dropping then coming back, this is the first time in approx 2 years that it has been ****, could the problem be on my side or is it BT?

Carlow area btw

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Mines dropping a bit this past week too.

Went about an hour ago for 30 mins then came back on. This past week is the first time I've had a complete loss of broadband since being with them. It connects ok and doesn't show any faults and says everything is working but can't open web pages. Thought it was just my line but phone works ok and seems to come on and drop again without me messing at settings.

I'm in north Dublin so we wouldn't be having the same problem unless BT's whole network is acting up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Should get on to them... get them to sort it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Yep...got BT in about a week ago and have also noticed it dropping every so often. Still infinitely better than Clearwire though :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭8track

I had been having disconnect problems. Thought they had been resolved over last couple of weeks, but dsl connection dropped three times last night. Reconnected itself after a minute or two each time. I don't know what is going on with this.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Ludo wrote:
    Yep...got BT in about a week ago and have also noticed it dropping every so often. Still infinitely better than Clearwire though :-)

My girlfriend has clearwire (i tried to talk her dad out of it :rolleyes: ) and its total rubbish. Anyway back to BT whats the best way to contact them? Phone? Email? :o

• Advertisement

Ok just tried using the newsgroups, it usually always downloads at between 250-350kb/s (3mb line) but now its hovering between 5kb/s-50kb/s

It also goes to 0kb/s every minute or so and just sits there for a few seconds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

No problems with mine, based in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Anyway back to BT whats the best way to contact them? Phone? Email? :o

Try messenger pigeon. They don't seem to respond to phone calls or e-mails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 acs 1

My 3 meg connection is slow as hell since yesterday.
    I am on the phone to them now...but then I have been for the last 15 mins and still holding.
    Seems like they are taking alot of calls tonight or just can't be arsed answering the phone!!

It seems to be back to normal now, noice, that slow speed was starting to piss me off

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

what speed do you average ? I get about 2.2 MB/s according to u.tv/speedtest

zod wrote:
    what speed do you average ? I get about 2.2 MB/s according to u.tv/speedtest

most of them sites that measure your speeds are inacurate. i nearly always get over 300kb/s using newsgroups

Advertisement