Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

where to sell ???

Options
  • 24-05-2006 1:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭

so i have tried to sell a punto 02 for quite a while on various sites and papers
    but to no avail. i am now keeping that and looking to sell an mx5 but i dont know which is the best way to move it on. do i keep the on the same old track or has anyone any other ideas.

let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Perhaps you had the Punto priced too high??

Stick to the same plan as before - be sure to take good quality pictures that "show off the car"
    Seen so many bad pictures taken of cars - people are automatically shooting themselves in the foot.

Here's an example............all cars are the same, ie same colour and same price...........which one would you consider going to see 1st ??

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=373690
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=281284
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=433837

I know which one id be going to see first - obivously the 3rd one, the one thats been cleaned up nicely and has a vivid image.....the others look as though they are trying to hide something.

So in short.....clean and wax the car - get it valeted if you are too lazy :rolleyes: - and take pictures on a bright day with a nice background.....and look around to try get the average asking price of your car...go a lil higher if you think yours is worth a lil more but dont go too high - you wanna keep potential buyers interested.

Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭gstonesmx5

thats what i thought. thanks for the response and links.
    i did find carsireland.ie last night and think they will be worth a shot aswell
    besause a) they are free b) its a nice site to use.

ok so back to the grind stone

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

This is usually the best time of year to sell a convertible anyway, though this May has been fairly crap so far.

Think about putting a for sale sign up on the window - the problem with advertising in car magazines is that it only appeals to the people already in the market for a car. If you leave your car out in public with a For Sale sign, you may get a few people ringing up on impulse.

Also, there is a for sale section on this site - www.adverts.ie. Not too sure how many cars actually get sold here though.

Eoin

ah thats just what i need, more forms of media to sell through.
    we are in the same estate you intersted in a new car ? ;)

gstonesmx5 wrote:
    ah thats just what i need, more forms of media to sell through.
    we are in the same estate you intersted in a new car ? ;)

Just got one, but thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭icemanjimbo04

I normally just use the buy and sell but carzone.ie is very popular now.
    I wouldnt take Curran's advice by giving it an "average" price. Unless you need the money your better off just putting it in lower than any other in the buyandsell within reason, its the only way to sell it sharpish..
    Trade in can be handy if your desperate..

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

how much are you asking for the Punto (out of interest?)

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Darando

If you do take pictures then I would 100% agree with Curran. Also try and take some photos of the inside of the car to show the interior colours/dash layout/general spec. etc... The more people see the more better the chance of them ringing you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Put yourself in the position of a potential buyer - what do you want to see? Shiny, well cared-for, well maintained. Make sure your car exudes these qualities. A good polish will go a long way, along with a clean interior. You shouldn't need to "sell" the car - it should sell itself.

some powerfull statments there,
    "car should sell its self" i like that.
    both are on the adverts page for interested parties.
    the plan was/is for herself to get back into the punto
    if we sell the mx5 but if we can sell the punto first we
    might keep the mx5 or sell it and get somthing else.
    i dont have a cmpany car but it snice to go for a spin
    in the mx5 when u get home or on weekends.
    replacments if both are sold have ranged from
    a-class, 3 series to clios so we are no closer on that
    from either but its fun to look.
    any one fancy waxing the two cars this weekend ?
    i'll give u a fiver and a cup of tea. go on

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Dude pop your MX5 for sale in the following sites:

www.cruisearound.ie
    www.manic-motorz.com
    www.cruise4birds.com
    www.cruiseirl.com
    www.racershaven.com

It will receive alot of attention there!! ;)

this thread is working well for me.
    good work everyone keep it up. :D
    let the advertising begin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

gstonesmx5 wrote:
    if we can sell the punto first we might keep the mx5 or sell it and get somthing else. replacments if both are sold have ranged from
    a-class, 3 series to clios

Where's your sense of adventure? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

eoin_s wrote:
    Also, there is a for sale section on this site - www.adverts.ie. Not too sure how many cars actually get sold here though.

Eoin
    Well, I just bought a car there so there's definitely some activity on the site.

Sleepy wrote:
    Well, I just bought a car there so there's definitely some activity on the site.

I know there is always a lot of activity on the FS:motors, just wasn't too sure how many actually end up in a sale. Good luck with the new car BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭bspoke

jonny24ie wrote:
    Dude pop your MX5 for sale in the following sites:

www.cruisearound.ie
    www.manic-motorz.com
    www.cruise4birds.com
    www.cruiseirl.com
    www.racershaven.com

It will receive alot of attention there!! ;)

If you stick it up on www.manic-motorz.com there is one of the guys there who works for autotrader. If you talk to him nicely and offer him a few pints he might be able to swing you a discount.

He is always quoting how successful the ads are in the magazine.(cant remember figures at the monent though) but Autotrader seems to be the best way to shift your car

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Hi,

I tried selling my 2001 Peugeot 607 2.2 petrol on Carzone & Buy & Sell & Examiner but no joy. Got some calls from UK scammers. Ideal Homes & Motor show was on locally so I cleaned, valeted & waxed the car myself & went down early & parked the car right outside the entrance door in the (free) carpark. Put "For Sale" & details with mobile no. in the window. Maybe I was lucky 'cos after about an hour a guy called, met him & he drove it. We did the deal & he bought it. Collected it the weekend after once insurance etc was sorted. Thought I'd be stuck with it as it was 2.2 petrol & heavy on the juice. Worth doing it yourself. There was probably 20,000 people going in to the show & all had to walk past the car. Good presentation will sell but you need a captive audience. Selling from the side of the road is more difficult.

Good luck,

T

i like that idea. i must get on to the rds web site and see whats on.
    adventure will come when i start building a track car.

Advertisement