Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calcutta Run

Options
  • 24-05-2006 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

Anybody taking part in the Calcutta Run this Saturday in Dublin? The website doesn't really say much about registering or anything and I'm trying to find out more about it.

There is a register now section which is just a webform-based email. I've filled that in but heard nothing back.

http://www.calcuttarun.com

Any of you taken part in it before? Is it any good?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

you can just turn up on the day, before one I think. you are supposed to raise 150 for charity if you can but there is no entry fee...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭thetrickykid

A well-organised event this one.
    Barbeque afterwards and a few beers made it a more sociable event than a lot of other runs, when everyone just hops in their cars and buggers off home.
    Only gripe was that the last kilometre was about 1.5km long!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Hope you all enjoyed the Aloe Vera tampons and other crap that was in the bags :D

What was winners time anyone know?

Lad in job organsies most of this hence me seeing those damn bags.

kdjac

Some bloke was going around with a box of free panty-liners and fig-roll bars..the women were going mad for the free sanitary goods. Bit surreal.

No results on thier site yet. It was definitely a charity fun-run kinda thing, rather than some of the other more competitive races that I've been to before.

Kudos to organisers, great day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭GOAT_Ali

I wonder do they do a similar run in India for homeless kids in Dublin?:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭MrJones

i enjoyed de fig roll bar, the bbq etc.
    as for the tampons i passed them on to a more qualified species!
    GOAT_Ali wrote:
    I wonder do they do a similar run in India for homeless kids in Dublin?:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭GOAT_Ali

Self explanatory really. Do they do a run in India for impoverished kids on Dublin streets

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Clum

Only gripe was that the last kilometre was about 1.5km long!

That was a bit of a shock alright. All the distance signs said '8K to finish' or '5k to finish', always 'to finish', and I realised why when passed the guy standing randomly half a km from the finish shouting 'this is the 10K mark'.

Am I right in thinking that at the '8k to go' sign we'd run 2.5ks (ish) and not just 2ks? I thought I'd run a slow first 2k so upped the pace and felt like I was always lagging behind my target time...ended up nearly burning myself out before the run was finished trying to get back on target.

Clum consider yourself lucky - I never heard that bloke at the 10km mark and was breaking my b***ox trying to get under 40 minutes. When the watch started to read 41 I just threw the towel in and started to jog, not knowing what was going on.
    The 2km marker must've been wrong as well because I did the 1st k in 3.49 and second somehow in 4.24, but the second k was mostly downhill.

Are the results available anywhere online?

Advertisement