Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

URGENT! - Soffit vents in dormer window

• 24-05-2006 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi There

Our fasica and soffit went in yesterday. DH is having a massive heart attack because they did not put vents in the V of the dormer windows - but did put vents on the straight runs. PVC guys swears that this are totally unneccessary - any advice so I can stop World War III!!!!!

Thanks

Pitsy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Last two dormers I've lived in were done exactly the same way. Can't remembers ever seeing a vent in the /\ on dormers.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭pitstop

Thanks Occidential!

Hopefully this will help alleviate the tense moments!! I have no idea why he thinks it should be that way!

Pitsy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi,

There should be no need for vents in the apex because the air would be limited to the "Ladder" detail of the soffit.

Thanks RooferPete - was hoping you would be around! Can I be the proverbial female here and ask what the "ladder" piece is?

Thanks a million!

Sarah

Right figured out what the ladder is!!

Is there any need for a vent in the section going from the bottom of the ladder returning into the roof?

Thanks

Pitsy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi,

Great I would hate to have to describe the ladder :)

I can't see any value in a vent at the facia box, the dormer is vented at both the soffit and possibly at the valley as well.

Thanks RooferPete - as always - excellent advice!!

Advertisement