Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D.I.D Slimfit WS32Z409TQX

• 24-05-2006 10:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭

I just called up D.I.D and they have taken stock of 60 Slimfit High def CRT'S (WS32Z409TQX). Will head down and see if they are any good. Bad news is they are selling them at €799, which is about £550, way off the estimated RRP of £350 and way off the UK webprice of a little below £400.

For those interested the Tallaght branch said they should have cleared some floor space to demo it by the weekend.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

Been and seen the TV, have nothing to report , as they had it hooked upto a real bad none highd ef picture and were as much help as a kick in the teeth. Power city also have it at 799.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/content/products/details/index~modelcode~SAM-WS32Z409TQX~dt~Televisions~st~Widescreen+TV~make~Samsung.htm

400 sterling delivered in the Uk, pity i dont know anyone up north :( , wonder could they deliver it to the couriers warehouse in belfast or whereever and let you collect it.....wishful thinking

anyone know any sites that can deliver this to ireland? and have a non ripoff price :)

Im always in the UK , my family is there and I have friends over , but carry it back on a plane could be a problem , espcially with Ryanairs new baggage policy ;)

A currys up north is probably the best bet. I'll have to persuade someone to drive up! what did the actual tv look like? ( not the picture quality as you described already).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭jmadoyle

avforums.com have a thread all about this tv, with pictures of the set and picture quality

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331180&page=45

kaisersose77 already is using that forum , I saw his post earlier on today :)

The TV itself was good looking , from straight on it could be easily mistake for a LCD / Plasma and to be fair of all the TV's showing this poor terestrial signal , it looked the best of the lot.

It hasnt put me off , Im hoping to go back to Power city ona quite day and bring the x360 with me to see if they will let me demo it properly. I will keep you informed.

Ask them why there charging so much! Pixmania seem to deliver to ireland but dont have that tv. Hopefully they do get it in stock sometime. I know the tv has geometry problems, but for under 700 euros I wouldnt mind!

http://www.digiuk.com/productdetail.asp?id=6703 £474 (690 euros) Including delivery to ireland

and hiwayfi.com have it for £400 sterling before shipping ( i emailed them for shipping cost to ireland)

Anyways both sites deliver to Ireland but neither have the tv in stock atm.

Is it worth getting a tv online though? even if you were to save over 100 euros, would it be a big risk if something was wrong with the tv? Or if there is something wrong with the tv, is it up to the online store to sort the problem out and collect the tv off you? (i know it would be no problem if you were in the UK, but being in ireland it could be a lot of hassle)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Anyone get one of these?

or know on what page on that avforum link they actually talk about the tv?

kdjac

• Advertisement

jmadoyle's link above

jmadoyle's link above

1st 5 pages are people arguing about whether it does 720 or not.

:)

kdjac

ye it wasnt out in the uk then, so probably half the pages in the thread are ppl talking/giving out about it before even seeing it. Theres another thread in the crt section with pictures of it. Some ppl have said that the pic is blurry in the corners and lines arent straight on the bottom center. But probably ppl making a big deal out of it......hopefully! ;) . Anyways if you can get it less than 700 euros it looks a good deal.

Its in Currys in Liffey valley 1st tv on the right kinda hidden no price on it but picture looked good.

have a 200 quid voucher for there and that looks a decent buy.

kdjac

Just say for the sake of it delivery from the UK is £45 ( which isnt a unreasonable amount ) this bring the £400 tv for £445, which is pretty much €650. €150 less than D.I.D etc, thats good enough for me. If it was a few euro I wouldnt be bothered , but for 150 euro I am :)

Just gotta see it with my own eyes first or read some offcial review in a mag or what TV etc

keep and eye on www.dabs.com - they do Irish delivery and carry lcd / plasma , so they might do the sammy crt slim soon enough

http://audiovisual.kelkoo.co.uk/ctl/do/maxiMerchantReviews~100330013

"I got my order shipped to ireland, they charged me over double the price that Parcleforce charged. Getting the order send to a different address to your billing address is a hassle, you have to fax them your address on headed paper! Not too bad, but I made my order over 3 weeks ago and only recieved half of it, no e-mail or anything about the rest. I would only order off these again if it was the only place available, otherwise i would steer clear "

the other reviews arent as bad, but dont think the shipping is going to be cheap as its about £35 to places in the uk! hopefully they email me on monday but i wont be suprised if its over £80 as it weighs about 60kg. Digiuk's shipping to ireland is only £15 but the tv itself is £459. So best hope is if they have a price cut.

edit:

http://www.pixmania-pro.fr/fr/fr/265122/art/samsung/televiseur-16-9eme-32-82.html

609 euros , wonder do they deliver to ireland though

I have heard of alot of people using German companies to order to Ireland , when I start looking seriously that is where I will start to look.

There is stuff like :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-SAMSUNG-Slimfit-32-SUPERFLAT-100Hz-WIDESCREEN-TV_W0QQitemZ9736284305QQcategoryZ61400QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

But I wouldnt buy it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I was going to buy one of these a couple of months ago and I was put off by the geometry issues with the edges of the screen. Its caused by Samsung compressing the tube to get the slimline look. I'd save your money and get an LCD , money better spent.

I was reading about the geometry problems , they seem to be limited to the very first batch of screen released , the newer ones dont seemt o be having this problem

UK shops are the cheapest from what I have seen, shocked tbh, as uk online stores are usually a rip off with electronic stuff (maybe they always have tv's cheaper). Anyways, the cheapest you'll get it from in germany is about 700 euros before delivery.

That ebay link you posted above is a con man, and sadly someone will give away their money

edit: luckily that ebay item got removed

• Advertisement

Lol hiwayhifi were asking for £122! to deliver it to ireland and digiuk wont deliver an item of that size to Ireland. So either pay over the odds in dublin or try or get it in currys up north are the only options.

That kinda sucks , cos either way we are getting shafted.

Probably better in a way though, as your fecked if theres a problem after buying something online from the Uk, and this tv is not problem free! If currys in Newry or Enniskillen have them for £450 like in england then thats 652 euros today according to xe.com.

Think I will hold on until I see a local price I like. Hate paying above the odds :) €800 is just taking the p**s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 AllenConquest

I don't know if you can use these vouchers, but they give £20 off the TV from Currys.

Allen
    Order here!

Advertisement