Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

k750i joystick

• 24-05-2006 11:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

The one thing that is driving me absolutely mad with this otherwise great phone is the damn joystick. it seems to have a mind of its own. Sometimes its working fine but more often than not 1 of the 4 direction will be malfunctioning. Not the same one the whole time mind, i can pick it up and up will be acting up, try it 30mins later and it might still be up or it could be one of the other 3 directions.
    Anyone else have this problem???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭randomname

Sometimes the up/down on the joystick doesnt work for me and its a pain in da arse especially trying to navigate the menu...its happening for a few months now too. Then some days no problems at all! ahhhhhhhhh:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Very common problem with SE phones unfortunately...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Yeah I have the k700i and this problem is well known in those also. I would have hoped SE would have corrected the problem for the k750i.
    They should never have gotten rid of the "jog-dial" but they are making a return on the 950i which I'm waiting for.....!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,479 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Bring it to a mobile repair shop, this is a known issue with these phones and is totally fixable - just got mine done and the new joystick is a total pleasure to behold, never realised before how much more you can use the phone for when the blooming joystick is working fine!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

T610, T630, K700, K750... all dodgy joysticks. Mine is fairly knackered, giving me a sore thumb now just going down through the contacts list! I'll be dropping it into O2 soon enough to get them to sort it out... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

mine is still in waranty but i'm loath to have to hand t back to O2 to be repaired. how much does it cost to get it repaired?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,479 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

The mobile repair company in Sandyford will do it for you and just bill o2 afaik

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

It's covered under your warranty and is a pretty common issue. Drop it into a repair shop or ring someone like www.mprc.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭niall mc

does anyone have the numbe for the place in sandyford?

my joystick completly crapped out on me today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭Tazz T

ciaranfo wrote:
    It's covered under your warranty and is a pretty common issue. Drop it into a repair shop or ring someone like www.mprc.ie

If you're with Meteor it is not under warranty as I found out. They wanted to charge me 50 euro. Don't know about O2 or Vodafone. However, take it to an independent repairer like fonemenders in St Anne Street off Grafton Street and they'll do it for free as long as you have the receipt.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Tazz T wrote:
    If you're with Meteor it is not under warranty as I found out. They wanted to charge me 50 euro. Don't know about O2 or Vodafone. However, take it to an independent repairer like fonemenders in St Anne Street off Grafton Street and they'll do it for free as long as you have the receipt.

Mines with Meteor and it happened to me. Sent it back and got it repaired. Thing is broken again so I'm gona have to get it sorted again. Pain in the not having the phone.

Is it a software problem or is it hardware?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

i think its a hardware problem. dust getting in behind it
    afaik the new phones coming out with joysticks have a completly sealed unit to stop this problem but we will just have to wait and see:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It's hardware, caused by built up of dirt and dust under the casing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

thats what i said in the previous post:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Is it just billed phones that can be fixed?
    I bought my K750 handset in Thailand and just popped my sim card in...

Well, I guess it doesn't matter, I'm going back there soon! :p

Advertisement