Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Water purifier Kit

Options
  • 24-05-2006 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    was up in dublin at weekend, and the uncle in laws house he installed a drinking water purification kit. He got it in B&Q and you change the filter part regularly. He said it was very cheap. Anyone else know what i am talking about

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

A friend of mines brother sells them. PM me if you would his details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

Dellgirl2 wrote:
    A friend of mines brother sells them. PM me if you would his details.

I am talking aboiut a DIY kit for about 50 Euro....not the 2K some of these companies are charging.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Where's the proof that it does anything? Does it just put a taste on the water or does it remove contaminants? What contaminants does it remove? Its easy to run water through a cartridge and call it filtered but, in the absence of independent verification, I'd be cynical.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

Dilbert75 wrote:
    Where's the proof that it does anything? Does it just put a taste on the water or does it remove contaminants? What contaminants does it remove? Its easy to run water through a cartridge and call it filtered but, in the absence of independent verification, I'd be cynical.

I think it works similar to the Brita system basic enough but would be much handier than britta. I am not talking about a water softener system, just something that cleans drinking water. As far as I saw, it had certain European standards badge on the cannister so it looked genuine, and B&Q are not the worst in fairness
    . Id be cynical of them all myself. I have spoken to a Sales man( a friend of a friend) from a fairly well known water treatment company, and when they give the demo, they are using a lot of scare tactics by using certain chemicals that will make bottled ballygowan look bad.

Advertisement