Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports podiatrist in Dublin city centre?

Options
  • 24-05-2006 11:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of a good sports injury podiatrist in Dublin city centre?

I've started running about 18 months ago and recently started getting pain in my heel. I've been diagnosed with plantar fasciitis and I'm off running at the moment for two weeks.

It's slowly getting better but not as fast as I'd like and it's certainly not going away completely, so it looks like I'll need some help longer term.

Since I work in town near Merrion Square, it would be handiest for me to find someone nearby that I could go to during lunch break or after work.

My current podiatrist is in Skerries, open only once a week, and closes at 6 so it's quite difficult to make an appointment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Domer

Netman,

Not sure that a podiatrist is the right way to go for you. If you have a problem with your feet, it is more than likely coming from somewhere else. You possibly have a problem with your hips or pelvis that may needs some work. A podiatrist, while very good at what they do, will treat your feet, but may not treat the cause of the problem, and so it may reoccur. Get yourself to a good Physio or Physical Therapist and get a full assessment and treatment program.

In the short term, get a golf ball and roll it under your feet to help release the fascia this will help with the symptoms.

Hope this helps and good luck,
    Domer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

That doesn't sound like a bad idea. Find the cause rather than fight the symptom.

I figured overtraining and old shoes caused the problem. I was running on a pair of asics gels for over a year and only bought new kayanos in january..

So, to rephrase the question, anyone got a good physiotherapist in town that they can recommend? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭comer_97

sounds like the change of runners highlighted the problem. I have a good physio but he is in Tallaght.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭thirtyfoot

You could try City Physio on 6621211, very close to you on Fitzwilliam Street.

I went there with a knee injury and your man John sorted it. Flexible with time during the day too.

Advertisement