Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KPM/Heatherford Management Co.

Options
  • 24-05-2006 11:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Ive bought and moved into an apartment in D.15 just before xmas. I was told by the previous owner that since the development was built (2001) the first management co.(heatherford) were sacked for not doing their job and that the new management co. are KPM.
    Every 5 years a "sinking fund" is paid which is an extra few hundred euro is placed ontop of the usual annual fee for painting etc.This was paid by the previous owner to which i have the receipt.
    In this complex there are apt blocks and including my own residence, duplex apts. A more so later than regular newsletter was sent and mentioned how the apt blocks had been refurbished with new alarms, paint etc. But nothing of the duplex apts. So what was the point of us duplex apt owners paying money for other blocks improvement when nothing happens with us?
    I got onto them and they said they had, wait for it..."run out of money".
    The grounds are basically in a heap and ive emailed them (with photos) numerous times about nigerians leaving abandoned cars in the complex to rot. Still nothing has been done. Ive a problem with the guttering on the balcony and there is grass actually growing out the top. When it rains, its like a constant tap overflow. Ive asked for them to fixed and still im being fogged off.

Now this years fees are due and im being asked to make the cheque payable to heatherford management company. But its KPM running the show. This i cannot understand. I know from browsing over previous thread here that its obvious this management companys are gangstars.

I have no communication with anyone in the complex and it seems there isnt a residence association here. KPM certainly wont give me any information as ive asked previously and would be greatful if any advice on this matter would be posted up.

Can i take some sort of action in arguement of the condition of the complex, gutters cleaning etc? Surely there are some rights as an owner occupier to make something happen. It really makes my blood boil paying these guys the fee for doin F**k all and I know some of it is down to people not paying the fee but its no reason to fail to acknowledge simple requests.

Should I pay the fee and monitor the condition of the area over the next year, (if still the situation) contact my solicitor with images of the previous year throughout as proof and not pay the fee until they are replaced with a management company who actually work or clean up their act.

As i mentioned, im only in the area 5 months and at a loss on how to tackle this problem of the infamous KPM.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

powermac wrote:
    I have no communication with anyone in the complex and it seems there isnt a residence association here. KPM certainly wont give me any information as ive asked previously and would be greatful if any advice on this matter would be posted up..

Sorry, but how is it possible that there is no residence ass.? Who hired the management company then? I suspect they maybe lying.
    I recommend that you go around, knock on your neighbours and ask if they are part of any association for the complex.
    If you find out there isn't, start one.
    btw
    I remember when I was part of an apt. complex and needed to get in touch with a member of the res. ass., the management co. would not give me their names either, so I just went knocking till I found one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 powermac

Ive no idea who hired them. As i mentioned, im only here a short time and its hard to get in contact with anyone that knows anything regarding the management co.
    The development was built by McInerney. Should i contact them as an option?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Is it possible that 'heatherford' is the name of the management company (owned by the owners of the apartments) and KPM is the management *agent* engaged by the management company or developer or whomever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭homeOwner

First of all some terminology. The management company are the owners of the apartments. They comittee will have had to form a company to manage the property. They hire in a firm called the management agent which in your case is KPM.
    powermac wrote:
    I have no communication with anyone in the complex and it seems there isnt a residence association here. KPM certainly wont give me any information as ive asked previously and would be greatful if any advice on this matter would be posted up.

You need to find out who is on the res comittee. If you dont want to call door to door, post up a notice in the common area, maybe near the mailboxes with your contact details, asking to know who is on the comittee. If you get no joy get your soliticor to write to KPM looking for information. Refuse to pay your maintanence fee until you get it under the reasoning that you were billed by another company other than KPM who claim to be the management agent and that you are being denied information that you have a right to know ie who is on the committee. Make sure it is all in writing as if things come to a head you are legally supposed to pay the fee and it will come back to bite you if you want to sell. I am guessing that witholding the fee might propmpt them to take you seriously.

You could also try www.cro.ie and look up the company yourself, your management company have to register as a limited company (as least mine does) and should have the names of the people on the committee. The name of the company will be something like "yourapartmentcomplex Management Ltd" Your solicitor might be able to help here.

www.cro.ie will also give you an idea of when the AGM is for you complex
    - make sure you go to this, and if KPM are not sending around notices informing the owners, take them to task on this too. As an owner you have a right to attend the agm where you can tackle them on issues face to face.

powermac wrote:
    I got onto them and they said they had, wait for it..."run out of money".
    The grounds are basically in a heap and ive emailed them (with photos) numerous times about nigerians leaving abandoned cars in the complex to rot. Still nothing has been done. Ive a problem with the guttering on the balcony and there is grass actually growing out the top. When it rains, its like a constant tap overflow. Ive asked for them to fixed and still im being fogged off.
    THe next thing you need to do is get a hold of the accounts of the management company i.e. your apartment complex. Again KPM should furnish you with these but if not go to www.cro.ie and you can get them yourself - you night have to pay a fee. Unless you have had some major work done on the complex there should already be a sinking fund of a few thousand at least built up so there should be no need to go asking residents for more money for this. If there is not, i am guessing that the last crowd squandered the money and since they are no longer there , well its a fair bet that they did. You need to see where they are spending the money and what you are getting for it. If for no other reason it lets KPM know that you are watching what they are doing iwth the money.

Let us know how you get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 powermac

well ive just been onto McInerney homes as KPM (to whom i sent yet another email today) have again decided to turn away from the original questions i asked them and insist on not giving me any information i requested.

Apartently it was them who hired Heatherford to manage the apts and they just changed their name to KPM basically when the residents where told by KPM that heatherford were sacked. So its all suspicious to begin with.

Ive to forward all issues pending to a guy in McInterneys to which (i am told) he will go through my email thoroughly and get back to me.

Apart from the obvious questions i have to ask, should there be others??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭JP Mulvano

Let me just post my dealings with KPM......in a word "Disaster".

Never met a more unhelpful bunch of people in my entire life. They're only skills seemed to be dodging my calls and visits to their office.

The smallest things took weeks if they were done at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

you may have a case against the person who sold you the apartment if you got this in writing
    I was told by the previous owner that since the development was built (2001) the first management co.(heatherford) were sacked for not doing their job and that the new management co. are KPM.

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

It sounds to me like the first management agent might have been acquired by KPM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Neil Brennan

Hi lades and Lassies
    We have had all that Sh1t. The Managing Agents are getting away with murder because they are being allowed, by you.
    Thier is strenght in numbers, get your act together and send them packing. Its so easy, its like ordering a pint down the local.
    We have been through all that. Get 4 new managing agents to come in amake apitch for the business. Line up you questions and isten to the replys. If you dont like it, tell them.
    We did this and we found a crowd called maple Leaf Property Management. They are on a 1 year rolling contract. They have been excellent. They were much cheeper than the one we had before and they sit on the place like its their own. They have a web site www.mapleleaf.ie
    Good hunting.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭DaDa

We did this and we found a crowd called maple Leaf Property Management. They are on a 1 year rolling contract. They have been excellent. They were much cheeper than the one we had before and they sit on the place like its their own. They have a web site www.mapleleaf.ie
    Good hunting.

FYI: One of the Directors of Maple Leaf is a person named "Neil J Brennan"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

DaDa wrote: »
    FYI: One of the Directors of Maple Leaf is a person named "Neil J Brennan"

he must be a zombie by now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

powermac wrote: »
    Every 5 years a "sinking fund" is paid which is an extra few hundred euro is placed ontop of the usual annual fee for painting etc..

they only put money into the sinking fund eveyr 5 years and only a few hundred at that :eek::eek:

There maybe trouble ahead .......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

This is a 4 year old thread :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

athtrasna wrote: »
    This is a 4 year old thread :confused:

dont blame me i didnt dig it up

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Think this can be safely consigned to the great locked thread heaven in sky......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement