Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happens if...

Options
  • 24-05-2006 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

you dont put a stamp on an envelope you are posting?

I dropped something into the post last night but forgot to put a stamp on it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭FillSpectre

The reciever used to have to pay and if they didn't the letter was destroyed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Maccattack

i hope not!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

What was in it, out of interest? You could have found out when the collection time was, and be there waiting for the postman.
    I'm sure you're not the first person and do that and you won't be the last. I'm sure they have some form of procedure.

it was a letter to the taxman.

I rang the post office and the lady said. "Nobody puts stamps on letters to Revenue" she seemed to think it would get there anyway.

Dont know if i should believe her though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Yep, Revenue Offices are freepost addresses so should get there fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Hi

I thought that you need to put FRREPOST in the address, not sure. But as it is for Revenue they might deliver it.

Did you put a return address?

Regards

No. I didnt write FREEPOST on it. Nor did I put a return address on the envelope...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I sent letters with not enough postage on them last month and they arrived back in my door with sticker telling me.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭annieee

Letters to Tax man are always freepost. I wouldn't worry. Anyways, in our office yesterday we got a letter that had no stamp, they delivered it anyway.
    Don't worry...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

put a latter in the post without a stamp and put the receivers address as the "return to sender" address. and voila, free postage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

put a latter in the post without a stamp and put the receivers address as the "return to sender" address. and voila, free postage
    If you go to the post office you could write the letter using their biro on the string.

Jack Benny will never be dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

The letter will be delivered. Once something is posted, An Post have a duty to deliver it. However, if the postage is incorrect, or there is none at all, it will be delayed. The delay could be anything up to a week. This applies to the odd single item. If somebody posts a certain quantity and they all have incorrect postage, then these may be returned to sender.

Advertisement