Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fashion advice urgently needed for young male!

• 24-05-2006 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Folks, I’m looking at revamping the wardrobe. I’m 23, lean build, broad shoulders, 6.1..average complexion. Need to do a complete overhaul.
    What’s ‘in’ for men and what not..any shops to recommend me to in Dublin?
    Thanks

Comments

Brown thomas and more specifically River Island!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Zara!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

Brown thomas...

Yes, you can't go wrong, but bring your credit card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Asha and Army Bargins, tbh. Depends on what scene you want to fit into. The goth scene, or the [strike] D4 [/strike] trendy scene.

D4 trendy ftw!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

vector wrote:
    Yes, you can't go wrong, but bring your credit card

If by "go wrong" you mean spending 500 quid on something that looks rank and will make a laughing stock out of you I beg to differ. Plenty of nice gear in there though if you have the cash. As for whats in who gives a rats arse? It sounds awful cliched and seventh heaven I know but as long as you feel you look good then theres no problem. People amaze me who laugh at someone beacause there clothes arent "in fashion" yet they run out and buy something just because Kate Moss has been pictured in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Yeah you don't need to spend a fortune in BT! River Island, Topman, Jack & Jones etc have all the ''in'' clothes for the summer! Just pick out what you like!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Ugh no, Brown Thomas is such a rip off, €100 for a tie... wtf? And i'm the kinda person who spends about 100 on jeans :)

meanwhile, River Island / Jack n Jones / Envy (henry st) / top man... although I'm not a big fan of Top man... but just pick out stuff you like, its more important that you feel comfortable in what you're wearing, self confidence beams through and make even the worst looking dresser look cool (well acceptable :P) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

Just browse charity shops and find stuff you like. It might take longer, but at least you won't be burning your wallet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

zara

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

O Connors on Grafton Street, Jack and jones, Envy, Urban Outfitters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

where is urban outfitters??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Was never a big fan of Next stuff, but the one on Grafton street actually has some really cool stuff at the moment and it's quite cheap too...ideal for a "complete overhall" as I'm sure budget is a factor....If you're going to Brown Thomas you can buy a pair of socks on Hire purchase, but be warned, you don't actually recieve the second one until the first one is paid for in full...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

Bt's def if you have the wallet..good quality clothes are well worth it..also try Jack Jones,O connors,BT",Tommy HIlfiger shop,House Of Fraser, in my opinion dont go to River Island,the jeans and a few other things are alright but the rest of the mens clothes are muck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Umaro wrote:
    where is urban outfitters??
    Temple Bar. Its abit on the expensive side, but clothes are really nice!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

azezil wrote:
    Ugh no, Brown Thomas is such a rip off, €100 for a tie... wtf? And i'm the kinda person who spends about 100 on jeans :)

That's cheap - last time I looked they were flogging Charvet ties for €130 (well...if Charvet was good enough for Charlie...then I wouldn't touch it with a stick).

OP...get some ideas and go have a poke around ebay. I normally get my Calvin Klein boxers from the states (not forgeries or second-hand!!!) for about €10, they cost upwards of €30 in BT.

You'll also find a lot of designer casual stuff, such as Paul Smith, on ebay from the states for knock-down prices. Again, be wary of forgeries.

And....can't believe I'm even saying this...TK Maxx is worth a look-in too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Tribe in Stephens Green shopping centre has some nice chilled out stuff for guys - pricy though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

blondie83 wrote:
    Tribe in Stephens Green shopping centre has some nice chilled out stuff for guys - pricy though!

Jeans for E150+..... I think he'll need to rob the bank before shopping there!

I can't believe nobody hass mentioned H&M. Ok they've a small selection of mens clothing in comparison to their womens range but they've got some absolutely amazingly trendy mens clothing at reasonable value too.

Avoid Topman at all costs, they've gone to the dogs. Their summer range makes me want to physically vomit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Laura('',)

go to zara!!1 best shop evvva... well da guys clothes can be hot..[/COLOR]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Ok they've a small selection of mens clothing in comparison to their womens range but they've got some absolutely amazingly trendy mens clothing at reasonable value too.

'Trendy'...oh gawd no.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭base2

My advice would be to,

..Get clothes that fit you perfectly. A good fit is number one. This can mean searching and changing for hours but its nothing compared to the time you will spend in your clothes.
    ..Don't get cheap stuff. Nice materials in your clothes are a must. Also be aware that cheaper clothes tend to be designed with the average man in mind and will have a much looser and lowest common denominator fit.
    ..Don't buy in all the big high street shops if you want a bit of individuality to your look. If you look at Topmans clothes from the last six months and then go to a pub you'll know what I mean.
    ..All this advice is a bit redundant as well. If you have to ask what to wear then the chances our that you don't know much individual style. You need to make yourself sylistically self sufficient and thats just a personal thing.

God, I'm an awful gay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭drunkdaz

try Genius, I always find something good there. If u have time on your hands try arnotts, great for diesel, sixty and energie among others. Bershka has great cheesey tshirts for 10 or 15 euros, im living in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 thebuyer

if you're as wealthy as I am and can clear your credit card card bills at the end of every month go ahead and buy from b.t and their likes.
    If you dont like being ripped off by marketers think twice before you fork out your hard-earned on overpriced tat.
    You can still look fashionable and pay half the price.
    I dont know why you would want to emulate the inhabitants of Dublin 4, I suppose it could be a self-esteem thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

zara, jack n jones, topman, river island are all sexy!!! haha:D

Advertisement