Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creme Egg Ideas?

• 24-05-2006 12:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭

I have about 30 creme eggs that I haven't sold. I have about 30 nerds coming to a party this week. How do I blend these succesfully? I'm kind of thinking of creme egg ice-cream sundaes, but that's a pain in the neck to do for 30 people when your freezer is one of those crappy tiny ones that's already full of frozen peas.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

melt some of em, but not till they turn into a homogenous mush, and supply marshmallows and cake for dipping fondue stylee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Wow! what a brilliant idea. Thank you. (:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

put some in the fridge, break up and put into vanilla ice cream.
    simple and cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I always wanted a giant egg filled with the cream egg fondant stuff....

With 30 eggs, you got a chance....it'd be messy, boring, but so worth it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,784 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

You could get a large basin - fill it with chocolate milk - throw the eggs in & go "bobbing" for creme eggs (like bobbing for apples on Halloween).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

HavoK wrote:
    I always wanted a giant egg filled with the cream egg fondant stuff....

With 30 eggs, you got a chance....it'd be messy, boring, but so worth it
    and it can be posted to you!

ypu could bake them in some sorta deep chocolattey pudding dish as well, lob em in whole and you'll have melty surprises.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Get an intravenous needle and inject some vodka into them.

the chocolates a bit on the hard side, could snap the needle inside :S but you could crush them up and make hot chocolate with a dash of something alcholic (wait for it to cool slightly so you dont evaportate all the ethanol off though)

so what happend in the end?

We made a Ferrero Rochet style pyramid of them and I walked around the room intoning the song from the ad. Also, throwing a creme egg at someone really hurts them.

cremeegg2ic.jpg

My bunny cake was the real winner though.

bunnycake8wz.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,301 ✭✭✭Archeron

that bunny cake is brilliant!!! Never before has a pastry based product made me smile so much :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Archeron wrote:
    that bunny cake is brilliant!!! Never before has a pastry based product made me smile so much :)

Not even that time with the French stick and the lard.............?

Acheron wrote:
    that bunny cake is brilliant!!! Never before has a pastry based product made me smile so much

Aw, thanks. I just thought I'd make it as a trial run for my kid's 3rd birthday party.
    Blub2k4 wrote:
    Not even that time with the French stick and the lard.............?

Ooo La La! o_O

tell us more of this bunny cake

Advertisement