Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange blog comments

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yeah... it's really gone through the roof since the change over...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

It sounds like SK2 has recently been updated on this blog. But not fully configured. You MUST visit Spam Karma's admin page at least once before letting it filter your comments (chaos may ensue otherwise).

SK2 is stopping all spam on my blog since the changeover

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

kaimera wrote:
    SK2 is stopping all spam on my blog since the changeover
    Ditto, I changed the settings on it so that it's fairly tough for spam to get through. I was actually getting more spam before the change over.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

If you're using wordpress, BadBehaviour is the daddy for blocking spam comments. From my own blog: BBStats report: Bad Behavior has blocked 6162 access attempts in the last 14 days. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

SK2 screen attached.

We don't have the ability to upload plugings to the boards blogs so daddy Cloud has Sk2 installed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I'm getting it too. I don't use my blog much so I've put a request in the helpdesk to just delete it. Easiest solution me thinks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

My blog is spam free for once since the move to journals.ie and SK2 :) ... mind you, it's mostly comment free too... :(

Advertisement