Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gutted:eek:

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

Brought it back to the shop they fixed it up new glow plug. It works fine now, good as new.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Happy to hear that;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

liamo333 wrote:
    Brought it back to the shop they fixed it up new glow plug. It works fine now, good as new.
    Good to hear Liamo :) We await video and photos now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

Got the car going and it really rips around but i started to hear a funny noise. So i brought it bact to the shop they said the engin was loose and caused the gear (not sure what its callled .the plastic one engaged to the clutch)to wear out. I got a new one but when i tried to loosen the allen bolt head was slipping. I realised i was using imperal allen keys. I did not have a 2mm allen key so i bought a set when i got back and tried to loosen the bolts the allen key kept slipping. I haven't been able to open it since.I NEED HELP!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

The gear that was damaged is the Spur gear by the sounds of it.
    Not sure what to do about those allen bolts, if they have been *altered* by using imperial keys and now wont work on metric, why not try a larger size imperial or something ? not sure what to do to be honest, I haven't encountered that problem. It is however, a good idea to tighten all bolts before you take the car out for a bash.
    Consult the guys in the shop they know what they are talking about and are always more than ready to help, and undoubtedly they will give the right advice.
    I'd be looking to get new bolts, unless you got a new set with the new spur gear. and threadlock them when you do get the problem sorted out. I had to threadlock some of the screws on my stormracer, especially the the ones that the dogbone drive shafts are connected to. I think they are 2mm also.

• Advertisement
Advertisement