Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

News on new all in phone/BB product?

Options
  • 24-05-2006 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

There were rumours that someone was about to 'shake up' the market by offering BB & phone for something like €25 euro per month. Any news on this? I'm on BT+ €50 per month. I'm thinking about upgrading to wireless router, but BT say I'll have to commit to another six month contract to get it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Just buy your own Wireless router. No messing around with cr@p about contracts.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭8track

IrishTLR wrote:
    Just buy your own Wireless router. No messing around with cr@p about contracts.

Tried that - was paying €130, but had the c**p for weeks of supplier not being able get either of two models to work properly. BT's is free in terms of not having to stump up extra cash for it, and any problems will be theirs to resolve.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

There may be a Digiweb Metro base near you in Letterkenny. BB & phone for less than Eircom phone rental. No router or Wifi, but I got a Dlink DI 624M Wifi + 4 port Ethernet router for 118 Euro (Ethernet WAN port to suit Cable modems or Wireless Modems) . There is a similar model for Eircom type ADSL that uses phone line directly.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yes, there is a Digiweb base in Letterkenny. Not sure of it's exact location, which would be handy for figuring LoS, but it's about somewhere in yonder hills! :)

Advertisement