Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3d modelling on a mac?

Options
  • 24-05-2006 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

hey i want to get a grasp on a 3d modelling package over the summer, im using a g5 ppc imac, anyone know the best program?
    i was thinking cimena 4d? im not interested in character modelling just cars at the moment, i have some ideas that need a touch of reality.

i downloaded blender3d but there doesn't seem to be any good tutorials on car modelling,

any help is much appreciated
    thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

not sure how good this is ... played with it a few years ago and I was well impressed then

http://www.wings3d.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

i like cinema 4d, it works nicely, also you can download a free mac version of maya (it just imposes text over your renders) to see if you like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭sharpjaws

Is maya on mac ? if yes, there is lerning editions , its the best tool out there for 3d modeling besides 3ds max ( not for mac)

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭spidermonkey

ya i got maya, it looks good apart from that annoying text. havn't had much time the past few days though. have been at two 21st's, and i got a going away party for my mates tonight and another one monday. when will it end!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

you can download a free version of Cinema 4D with all the features and no render watermark but you cant save files.

Cinema is really intuitive and easy to use but Maya also has its amazing features and is my tool of choice (as well as nearly every CG studio out there)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Ed Devane

Don't know much about this area but I recently downloaded a demo of ZBrush and it's very easy to use, mac based too.

Advertisement