Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Software hunt

• 24-05-2006 2:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to find software that will capture what's going on on the pc screen, which is easy enough, there are plenty out there! But I need one that I can then add captions too, something similar to your standard windows bubble pop-up would be nice, but I cant find any! At this stage even a stand alone program for adding captions to avi's would be acceptable, anybody know of either such program?

Apologies to the mods, I wasn't sure where to put this...

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

I think you can use Windows Movie Maker for adding captions to a movie file.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

I don't think so, I had a look and couldn't find any such option...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Lotus had a program that did screen capture videos, and I seem to remember being able to add Post-It like notes as you go along. This is about 5 years ago, and the software was already quite old at that stage, so I don't know if they ever updated it since.

Edit: One of the first results from google:
    http://www.instant-demo.com/tutorials/demo.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭spoofilyj

I use a program called snagit. you can copy it into paint to make captions then use.
    Hope this helped.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I used to use Print Screen Deluxe, not sure if its free or not but probably a 30-day trial.

Yeah but most of those programs are based on stills, i.e. print screen, save the image, add captions etc. I'm trying to do it with video...

Yeah but most of those programs are based on stills, i.e. print screen, save the image, add captions etc. I'm trying to do it with video...

Have you checked my post?

Sorry, overlooked it before the edit, nice find, that looks to be exactly what I want, cheers!

No probs :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 TX216

well, i am quite sure the ACA capture PRO can solve your issues well...
    it can capture both images and videos you want in the screen...selected video will save in AVI form automatically for further adit...it is pretty good...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

What you are looking for is Camtasia Studio from TechSmith. Its used for most of the online training packages on the net from IT training to online poker schools. Play around with the free 30 day trials. It can do everything you want turning video capture into essentially a Powerpoint presentation on steroids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

another vote for wink, free, easy to use and you can simply export to a flash file for stuff like this

You can make full motion video, or stills.

Advertisement