Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

06 Seat Leon?

Options
  • 24-05-2006 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭

A couple of Q's...

First, Anyone here have or has driven a 06 Leon 2.0 FSI Sport?

I've been looking for reviews and every single one is for the 2.0TFSI,
    which I will not be getting (not even sure if its available here?) so I'd like a review/impressions of the FSI.

Secondly, I originally was getting a 06 Civic Saloon but our dealer says Honda won't have any 1.8 engines until later this year....and I want specific options, so a stock in not an option. Is this true?

Anyway, anyone drive this leon?
    Or would you wait for the civic?
    I was even looking at a Golf 2.0FSI but the car comes with no extras included (in comparison to the civic and leon)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

I think the Leon you are referring to is the FR version, 200bhp, 0-60 in 7.3secs. According to the Herald AM this morning this is only being shown at the upcoming Madrid motor show - which means it could be a fair while longer before it gets to Irish forecourts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭The_Magoo

TheBazman wrote:
    I think the Leon you are referring to is the FR version, 200bhp, 0-60 in 7.3secs. According to the Herald AM this morning this is only being shown at the upcoming Madrid motor show - which means it could be a fair while longer before it gets to Irish forecourts
    Nah mate, the FR is the diesel, FSI is the NA petrol engine. Have you checked Parkers.co.uk or honestjohn.co.uk, try them, or Channel 4 motoring section.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

The_Magoo wrote:
    Nah mate, the FR is the diesel, FSI is the NA petrol engine. Have you checked Parkers.co.uk or honestjohn.co.uk, try them, or Channel 4 motoring section.
    But the version with TFSI engine is the FR....Seat have released two versions of the FR, a diesel and a petrol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

The_Magoo wrote:

No, I've read all the reviews of the TFSI, I am looking for the FSI.
    Its the same 2.0 FSI engine as the Golf, etc.

The TFSI is about 187hp...approx
    but the FSI is 150, this is the one available to me.

The FR is another beast altogether, above the TFSI.

So back to my original post, anyone ever driven the leon with this particluar engine, or have one?

(btw i checked those sites, only TFSI reviews)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

lafors wrote:
    Secondly, I originally was getting a 06 Civic Saloon but our dealer says Honda won't have any 1.8 engines until later this year....and I want specific options, so a stock in not an option. Is this true?

Strange, I'm not sure if there are many optional extras on the Civic saloon if any. It pretty much comes with most things as standard such as electric sunroof, climate control, alloy wheels, etc. What kind of extras are you looking for i.e. Leather seats?

The Civic will probably hold it's value better than the Leon also as it is a 1.8 litre compared to the Leon's 2.0 litre. With the price of petrol the way it is this could be a major factor when selling it on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

There seems to be some information on the What Car site -
    http://www.whatcar.co.uk/car-review-equipment.aspx?RT=744&ED=47786

I've not driven the 2.0 FSI, but I have a 1.6 FSI (Golf Plus) which is nippy enough, so I'd imagine the 2.0 should be pretty quick.

Paddy

PS They do a 2.0 FSI Octavia as well, but I'd image the deprication would be pretty steep.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'm afraid I think the depreciation is going to be harsh on any of the above mentioned cars as they are compact family cars with a 2.0 litre petrol engine. In Ireland due to high tax, insurance and fuel consumption they will not appeal to most people looking for a used car of this size.

High running costs and possibly depreciation may not an issue for the OP though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Bazz, you're right about the lack of options on the civic it already has it all. The options I had added were to, upgrade the Sound pack (afaik the top version has an aux in), also the colour (neutron blue), and the image pack.

You're also right about depreciation, not my problem...company car.

Paddy, I've looked at the same Octavia, not really into it, unless I could have the Octavia RS...which is just over the budget.
    Thanks for the link also :)

Now to decide, test drive all round so.

Advertisement