Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Korn are The Greatest....Ever

• 24-05-2006 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭

i love Korn, i could listen 2 them all day, and i do, Korn korn korn!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Yeah, ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I think you may be a little lost :rolleyes: . This is the Rock / Metal forum.

I had a look in the music section and i couldn't find a section that best fits Korn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

N05H3AD wrote:
    how old are you? I once thought Korn were the bee's knees when I was a fresh(er)faced young un. And does this class as one of those threads thats going nowhere Karl??

ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I'd give them a poke if the telly was broke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

K-TRIC wrote:
    I had a look in the music section and i couldn't find a section that best fits Korn.

maybe music, but that would be pushing it :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Lads, this is the right section, so cut the snobbery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Lads, this is the right section, so cut the snobbery.

alright i'm sorry,

i don't mind korn tbh i can see why people love them though, wouldn't say they are the best ever as i just can't stand their bass sound it just too i don't know what to call it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

have to say back in the day i enjoyed a bit of KoRn, but never as much as everyone else seemed to. their lack of quality CD's since "issues" really speaks volumes, but having said that I never bought the new one (not the live&rare one, the studio cd).

they seem to be one of those bands who bring far superior bands out on tour with them (exclusing limp bizkit i guess :p)... i.e. deftones and the like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I was subscribed to the Totalrock newsletter and I remember one of them saying a year or two ago that Korn were gonna do a cover of Morbid Angel's Dawn of the Angry....did that ever happen :confused: Bit of an odd choice!
    I used to like Korn. I don't think I "grew" out of them so much, I just think they went to ****. In fact I could still probably listen to the first album, even if I wouldn't enjoy it as much nowadays. Don't care much for their new song.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

N05H3AD wrote:
    Fair play.
    Seriously, whatever floats your boat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

I love Korn,And i would say all their albums are very good.

That live and rare was released by their old label so it was only something for them to make a quick $$,so i suggest nobody bye it

I was subscribed to the Totalrock newsletter and I remember one of them saying a year or two ago that Korn were gonna do a cover of Morbid Angel's Dawn of the Angry....did that ever happen Bit of an odd choice!

Yeah,that was meant for a Korn Kovers album which has been put on the back burner for awhile i think
    it is also meant to have Motley crue,Ozzy,prince and psychidelic(sp?) Furs covers on it.

It not that strange for them to cover a death metal song,Davis is a fairly big fan of death metal which influenced his vocals on Take A Look In The Mirror

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

I cant listen to any album but untouchables anymore, its strange cause when i got the album first i didnt think much of it but theres such a higher quality of songwriting on it imo than anything else theyve done.Mightnt be there heaviest but its still great imo.

Heard there new song the last day and i must say what a pile of crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I liked that song, eh, "Here to Stay", was it? Nice riff. And the chorus was catchy.

Oh, and that other song off that album....eh...the video with teh bodies pushing against the thin rubber sheets. Great song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 perfidiousmonk

I was once, like you, deluded into thinking that Korn were worth listening to, until I saw them in Dublin about 3 years ago and wanted to puke because they took so long to come on and then only stayed there for about 30 min's.
    If you like them that's your own thing, I think they are a pound of cock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

I was once, like you, deluded into thinking that Korn were worth listening to, until I saw them in Dublin about 3 years ago and wanted to puke because they took so long to come on and then only stayed there for about 30 min's.
    If you like them that's your own thing, I think they are a pound of cock.

What gig are you talking about?cause the one's iwas at they played for around an hour and a half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I used to have an album. This saddens me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Don't listen to them as much as I used to, I stopped listening as much as I used to around the time Take A Look In The Mirror came out, but I still love the music they made as much as used to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭The Song Thrush

Never liked them. They seem to be most 13 year olds' doorway into rock music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

I think their new song is quite catchy. Its the first Korn song i've liked sine FTL.
    I'll still get up off my ass and go see them when they play with Metallica though. I always wondered what they would be like live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 836 ✭✭✭- bo -

I liked that song, eh, "Here to Stay", was it? Nice riff. And the chorus was catchy.

Oh, and that other song off that album....eh...the video with teh bodies pushing against the thin rubber sheets. Great song.

Thoughtless.

The latest stuff KoRn have done is crap, I don't really like much of the earlier stuff (Self-titled, Life is Peachy). Follow the Leader is a class album, Untouchables and Take A Look in the Mirror I like too.

I like KoRn.
    I don't like them nearly as much as I used to and while my tastes have evolved more since then, I still owe it to 'mainstream' bands like KoRn for opening me up to the bigger world of metal.
    I'll still pop their cds in once in a blue moon and get some enjoyment from them but there is no denying that the band aren't what they used to be (haven't heard the new album yet).

KoRn, and other 'nu-metal' bands really opened some doors for me a few years back and whatever people have to say, I think they're owed more then they get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Not a KoRn fan at all but when they play with Metallica, it'll be interestin to see them live! I mightn't have to see them cos if they clash with AIC, its a no-brainer answer for me. But if i do see them, id like to hear some old stuff cos it is better than the last things iv heard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

what

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Nah you deleted a post mate ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭N05H3AD

Giblet wrote:
    Nah you deleted a post mate ;)

yah sorry was being a bit immature :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭N05H3AD

make that a LOT immature :o

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

no no no,
    korn are awful thats what you meant to say im sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

yeah Korn arent too bad, going to see them for the first time at metallica, remember when i was in 5th year and they were supported by puddle of mudd indoors in the same arena. that seems like such a long time ago. oh well

• Advertisement

yeah Korn arent too bad, going to see them for the first time at metallica, remember when i was in 5th year and they were supported by puddle of mudd indoors in the same arena. that seems like such a long time ago. oh well

That was different arena.
    They're playing in the outdoor arena this year...that gig was in the Simminscourt arena.

Advertisement