Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Korn are The Greatest....Ever

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

I first heard Korn back in the day, when "Blind" was on the end credits for that Street Fighter 2 Anime movie. I was like "Woa. Who's that?" That was the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Yeah the new stuff isn't great, but it's hard to compare with the older stuff anyway. They're just different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

They were one of my gateway bands into metal when I was about 16. Loved Follow The Leader and Life is Peachy back in the day... really can't listen to them now. My tastes have changed and matured :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I always thought they were okay, nothing particularly amazing. I could never understand how they got to be so popular though. A bit like Slipknot in that respect I suppose :)

I read here that they have recruited Christian Olde Wolbers of Fear Factory for their current tour. Hopefully that's all it is as I am quite partial to a bit of Fear Factory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Different strokes it seems.

I don't just feel that I owe it to them, like I still enjoy a great deal of their songs when I put them on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

untouchables is actually a great album. really different to anything else they have ever done. Here to stay is good but sounds like a lot of their earlier stuff. Untouchables has an almost 80's sheen or vibe to it. I dont know how to describe it exactly.

The production on Untouchables is great. Its the last good album they made, the song writing is good and a lot more mature than any of their other stuff. Issues was a bit childish but not bad.

They have gone to **** though. Kudos to them as they did move things forward with their first album. Its a pity about Limp Bizkit but they can be forgiven that.

Wes has a new album out under the name Blacklight burns. Industrial metal type thing. Doesnt sound great from what I have heard on myspace but Ill give it a listen when it comes out as he is a talented guy.

Moo

• Advertisement
Advertisement