Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HD LCD Screen for Sky +

• 24-05-2006 4:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭

I'm looking to buy a new LCD and am want to spend in the region of 2.5 - 3k. Any suggestions as to what I could get for that kind of money bearing in mind that I'd rather get a 42" quality tv rather that a mediocre 50".

Its mainly gonna be used for Sky HD although the xBox 360 will definitely have to get hooked up at some stage. :D Any recommendations would be great. Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭YoYOPowder

Dr. Dodger wrote:
    I'm looking to buy a new LCD and am want to spend in the region of 2.5 - 3k. Any suggestions as to what I could get for that kind of money bearing in mind that I'd rather get a 42" quality tv rather that a mediocre 50".

Its mainly gonna be used for Sky HD although the xBox 360 will definitely have to get hooked up at some stage. :D Any recommendations would be great. Cheers

Market leader in plasma is Panasonic, you can get their new 42" PV60 starting at around €1800 from katronics.de or 2.5K in the shop. If going LCD, an affordable 40" from Samsung R7 series starts at around 2k on Komplett.ie or a little less on the first website. A little bit more epensive are the Sony and Philips LCD's, whether they are any better though is a matter of opinion and specification. Personally I would go for the Samsung, they have got good reviews. Of course you could always go for the 46" Samsung LCD also. Just remember the latest releases are R7 and M7, the number after this is pretty irrelevant, i.e. R71 in Germany is the R74 here etc etc. Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

saw yesterday that Harvey norman are selling the Philips cineos PF9966 for 2.5K

it's a 42" Plasma, and one of the best Plasmas I have seen, plus it has the extras like Ambilight and stuff.

woudl be worth looking into

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭Dr. Dodger

Thanks guys, am gonna go out and look at some today. Some good pointers there.

Advertisement