Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metro 999 pings in Cork

• 24-05-2006 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

My metro service is becoming utterly poxy in Cork these last few days, it has been up and down since I had it installed but recently has become more and more inconsistant while trying to game on CoD I have to leave my usual server because of massive pings see above, and I don't want to f**k up other peoples game I leave, over and over. this never happened on Esat with their 1Mb service, my pings were also consistantly lower with my previous supplier.
    I expect Chaz to say something defensive about Metros service , engineers calls etc blah blah, fact is I'm a customers of Digiwebs and I think the service is brutal, simple as that. phone line is BRUTAL. I don't seem to recall reading anything about brutal service on their website when I signed up.
    I think myself that the technology behind their service isn't up to it and is severely influenced by bad weather ie endless rain, wind etc, amongst other things. I am really running out of patience with it at this stage.
    I couldn't give a crap about the price reduction, it's s***e period
    Alot of the time I really think dial up would be better, at least then I'd know what I had.:eek: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Hey, Feel your pain man. In a similar sitution with my this new NTL connection. At least Eircoms connection previously WORKED.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It took me five years to get Eircom to agree my line was faulty...

Are you using a firewall, NAT, Router or WiFi of any kind? My WiFi base was actually slower than my Metro so I upgraded it & the card inside the laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Gigiwagga

No firewall, using an SMC barricade router, in recent times my thomson modem (Digiwebs) has blinking cable link and cable activity leds if that's of any use.:confused:

Advertisement