Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upside down lady

Options
  • 24-05-2006 4:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭

My baby girl loves to stand on her head, she would spent all day doing it if she could.!
    Has anyone ever heard of this, she is 3 now but has done it all her life. She tells me that I am upside down and that she is upside up???

even while watching tv she will stand on her head, if you ask her to sing a song she will stand on her head while she is doing this!!!

I worry about her poor little neck but there is no stopping her :rolleyes:
    She is partially deaf and wears hearing aids would this be connected??

She did it in Super Quinn the other day and came home with a big purple bruise on her head. Help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭wexhun

I think its something alot of kids do. I remember my younger sister used to watch TV lying with her head hanging off the sofa, upside down, apart from annoying me it hasn't done her any harm. My 2 year old likes to put her head on the floor and look at me through her legs she thinks its funny and gets her attention, maybe it runs in my family! So no I don't think it means anything or will cause any permanent damage although now that I think of my crazy sister......:rolleyes: !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Ours went through a very long phase of doing that. Stopped now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭onedmc

Dreamer 7 wrote:
    My baby girl loves to stand on her head ...
    She is partially deaf and wears hearing aids would this be connected??
    Perhaps it is related, but kids do this because there is some sort of pay-off. So because she gets more attention, u shout louder etc then she wants to do it more.
    Maybe it give more sensation in the ear and nasal cavities, I have no idea but I am certain if you completly ignore it for a while it will reduce and probabaly stop.

Advertisement