Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to ask her out?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Yeah if they talked for a while beforehand and afterwards it could be alright but I still don't think it's good for a first date. You need to be giving yourself the best possible chance and a movie isn't it. It can work but it's not optimal.

Unless there's a film you really want to see, movies should be left till the 4/5th date but preferably longer. IMHO of course.

Best of luck to the OP when he gets back and he really should make the most of his trip to Miami.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭cinnamon

aw this is such a lovely story. I was so psyched up for that.
    It's wonderful to see that romance is still alive.
    Imagine how excited this girl will be, when she thinks the guy has stopped coming into the shop and for her to see him on wednesday!
    Good luck and dont chicken out, in fact I'd say you're more determined to ask her out now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

OmegaRed wrote:
    Any ladies that have been behind the counter for something like this? Do you just do it to be nice? Or are you really flirting with the guy thinking he might ask you out?

Plus its always really busy in there so there is never a quite time to just stop and chat!

Any ideas?
    DEFINITELY do it. The unlikely event of rejection is inconsequantial anyway, you wouldn't have to change your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

cordelia wrote:
    Lookit, as an amerikan, I assure you, again and again and again, that she wants you to ask her out. Please, in memory of all the times I have had to deal with an Irish man who takes FOREVER to finally ask me because he keeps talking himself out of it or not taking advantage of the moment I have created (before I finally gave up and started asking Irish men out myself first, a quicker, more efficient technique for the foreign gal) please, please, please, please, and again, please just ask her out!
    End her torment! And yours. And ours.

some of us like the torment :D . as the others said i definetly think your onto a winner here. speaking as a guy's who's missread the signs before the fact she's taking such an interest in your aftershave and actually say's she like when you come in clinches it.
    even in america people arent THAT forward in the name of customer service :D seeing as your both 21 id opt to ask her out for a drink instead of dinner. the latter seems too formal. good luck dude :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Villaricos

aw this is such a sweet story, you better ask her out, and she better say yes or theres gonna be alot of disappointed posters here! :D

oh id love a dunkys coffee right now! so jealous of you Omega Red, id LOVE to be in Boston right now! such a fab city! dont do the cinema thing tho! thats a bad first date imo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

lasair wrote:
    aw its like the guy and girl in the film what women want....
    and in the olsen twins yoke...
    go for it, she seems to really like you.
    Ha! I saw that episode!
    It didn't turn out well for the Dad though, did it?:(
    The girl behind the counter was all "OMG! You're the fifth person today!"

But that's only television, good luck OP!
    And what was the aftershave?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

Dear Diary,

Jackpot…… LOL :)

Asked her did she have a number I could call her on sometime and maybe take her for a drink or dinner and she got all giggly and was like “sure!” I said I’d call her later! I cant get this stupid smile off my face. All the girls in the office are like AWWWWWW and the guys are giving me high fives!

For the people who were wondering, the after shave is L'EAU D'ISSEY by Issey Miyake.

http://www.fragrancenet.com/f/net/mf_items.html?cat=01475&cur_letter=l&item_type=&gender=M&gs_gen=m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Aldini98

Just say "Hey baby, hows your belly for a lodger?", if she laughs then youre in !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Kermitt

Fair play to ya lad. Was hoping you'd do it. I'll bet ya you wonder why you were so nervous about it now!! Enjoy... and be good.. and if you can't be good be good at it!!!!:D

• Advertisement

Kermitt wrote:
    Enjoy... and be good.. and if you can't be good be good at it!!!!:D

NICE!!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 shepherd

Ive been using this stuff too for quite while. More positive comments from the ladies about this stuff, than anything else ive ever tried. It rocks!

> > For the people who were wondering, the after shave is L'EAU D'ISSEY by Issey Miyake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Gandhi

Gwan ya big stud!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

aww...what a sweet story..you know we wont rest until we find out, when you have rang her, what was said, when ye go out, what ye did, what was said, will you meet her again, possibly some info on the second date......

Femmy wrote:
    aww...what a sweet story..you know we wont rest until we find out, when you have rang her, what was said, when ye go out, what ye did, what was said, will you meet her again, possibly some info on the second date......

Well I'll keep ye posted then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Strangely enough L'Eau D'Issey contains cedarwood a known aphrodisiac to women. Amazing the stuff you read on the web.

• Advertisement

fair play man. you know now that youve brought it up issey miyake has got more comments from the girls than any other aftershave i know. they just seem to love it:D (hence why i keep nicking my brothers) really hope things go well on your date. keep us posted:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

OmegaRed wrote:
    Dear Diary,

Jackpot…… LOL :)

Asked her did she have a number I could call her on sometime and maybe take her for a drink or dinner and she got all giggly and was like “sure!” I said I’d call her later! I cant get this stupid smile off my face. All the girls in the office are like AWWWWWW and the guys are giving me high fives!

For the people who were wondering, the after shave is L'EAU D'ISSEY by Issey Miyake.

http://www.fragrancenet.com/f/net/mf_items.html?cat=01475&cur_letter=l&item_type=&gender=M&gs_gen=m
    Great stuff man, I was rooting for ya! ;)

Now you have to tell us how the date goes :p lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

Good going. Its nice to see something like this on the PI forum

Ask her if they deliver their coffees. Then give her your phone number. It might work :)

Good luck

Edit

Just saw that ya got her phone number. Anyways, Good luck! Let us know how ya get on!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Well done mate, nice to see something in PI having a positive outcome. We all being the nosy feckers we are want to know how you get on with your date.

Damn this Issey Miyake stuff must be something else*

[size=-2]* Note to self: buy some Issey Miyake L'eau D'issey :D[/size]

• Advertisement

Hah, I think every guy who has read this thread is gonna invest in some of that aftershave.

But yeah, its good to see a great story happening!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

Man, I wish I had a Dunkin Doughnuts chick. I have an O'Brien's sandwhich bar chick, but that's alot less obvious and I really think she IS just being nice. But maybe........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Perfect story for a sunny June day! Well done, man :D

Tis me again, OmegaRed!

Yeah, so met her for lunch yesterday and she’s a great girl and has her head on straight and knows where she’s going but (ya knew there was a but coming) she’s 17!

I was like “WHAT?, no way” The girl looks atleast 21. Disgusted! 17 is just to young for me, I’m 21! That’s 4 years. Now granted when you do the math I think it only works out at like 3 and a half years but still….. Ahhhhhh

She seems really mature and seems to be her ownself but she’s still 17!

Any comments?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Yup, go for it. When I was 22, I dated a 17 year old who was turning 18 very soon, and it was a great 3 years. 4 years is not a significant age gap, remember girls mature faster than us men. Apparently. Until they encounter shoe shops. Then they're 12 again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Dude, age is only a number!!! Its not as if what you are doing is Illegal!! If you like her go for it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

jesus, if you like the girl do it.

if theres a problem, dont do it.

jonny24ie wrote:
    Dude, age is only a number!!! Its not as if what you are doing is Illegal!! If you like her go for it!!

it is in America!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Dermington

OmegaRed wrote:
    For the people who were wondering, the after shave is L'EAU D'ISSEY by Issey Miyake

I used to wear that stuff. I cant stand it.

Maybe thats why the girl in Boston likes you more :(

17? So the feck what? It's only a 4 year gap, and you obviously like her so why should that stop you??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

How long are you in Boston for? Like another couple of months? Go for it boy - Enjoy it!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭nitrogen

Without reading any comments, the signs are Very clear; just bite the bullet one morning and ask her.

Reading your post made me smile, wish I was in your position!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭nitrogen

Finished reading now. Great read. Glad she said yes. You both are young, I say go for it. Keep us informed.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭My name is Mud

Does the half your age + 7 rule apply...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,198 ✭✭✭✭Crash

and make sure she is 17 and was born in early december...then you're ok :)

anyhow, go for it mate. You might as well - age aint everything.

OmegaRed wrote:
    Tis me again, OmegaRed!

Yeah, so met her for lunch yesterday and she’s a great girl and has her head on straight and knows where she’s going but (ya knew there was a but coming) she’s 17!

I was like “WHAT?, no way” The girl looks atleast 21. Disgusted! 17 is just to young for me, I’m 21! That’s 4 years. Now granted when you do the math I think it only works out at like 3 and a half years but still….. Ahhhhhh

She seems really mature and seems to be her ownself but she’s still 17!

Any comments?

you poor bastard. i know everyone here is rooting for you but it seem to me your pretty much fecked and i say this as a guy who went out with a 17yr old when i was 27. in ireland you'd be grand but im pretty sure its a felony to do anything with her in the states (of course if she comes over here on holidays...;) )
    still no reason you cant meet up a few time if you can control yourself. nice girls are few and far between

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Stick with it for a while and see how it goes it isnt that big of an age gap

you poor bastard. i know everyone here is rooting for you but it seem to me your pretty much fecked and i say this as a guy who went out with a 17yr old when i was 27. in ireland you'd be grand but im pretty sure its a felony to do anything with her in the states (of course if she comes over here on holidays...;) )
    still no reason you cant meet up a few time if you can control yourself. nice girls are few and far between

Thats what I’ve been saying! 17 is illegal here in the States! Although, Massachusetts is usually a little more liberal than most states. The State makes their own laws so it might be different from state to state! Worth further investigation!

Yup! Its illegal! Unless she's had sex already! which i dout!

http://www.actwin.com/eatonohio/gay/consent.htm

Scroll to MASSACHUSETTS.

But I am talking sex here and it might not even go that far!

America is a strange country for those of you that don’t know. And I’ve been warned before coming her that, especially in Boston, girls like to cry rape and the guy usually gets done for it! Very little evidence is needed! Such a case is still on going in the courts here of a stripper and some college guys. Little or no evidence including DNA testing has shown little or no truth that a stripper was raped yet they are in a huge legal battle trying to prove their innocents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Maybe you should worry about were to go on next date, and getting to know her better, rather than worrying about what state your legally able to screw her in :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 spawney

Dude. go for it. I have noticed that girls look older in america than they are.. I once met a 16 year old and mistook her for 21 at least!

I really want an american chick.... I need to move there first though :P I'm 18 and have enough time yet i suppose. :)

But yeah, 4 years isnt that far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 spawney

OmegaRed wrote:
    Yup! Its illegal! Unless she's had sex already! which i dout!

http://www.actwin.com/eatonohio/gay/consent.htm

Scroll to MASSACHUSETTS.

But I am talking sex here and it might not even go that far!

America is a strange country for those of you that don’t know. And I’ve been warned before coming her that, especially in Boston, girls like to cry rape and the guy usually gets done for it! Very little evidence is needed! Such a case is still on going in the courts here of a stripper and some college guys. Little or no evidence including DNA testing has shown little or no truth that a stripper was raped yet they are in a huge legal battle trying to prove their innocents.

Look at the url,,, isnt that for GAY people to have sex?

spawney wrote:
    Look at the url,,, isnt that for GAY people to have sex?

Yeah I saw that to! But its for straight people too!
    Maybe you should worry about were to go on next date, and getting to know her better, rather than worrying about what state your legally able to screw her in

I know what your saying man, and i know i'm making a way to huge deal outta this and i dont wanna be making it this huge thing, but this S**t happens! I'm a worrier and this worries me! :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

If she's 18 soon it's grand I suppose. An age gap like that, while only 3/4 years, can make a big difference though. It seems like a larger gap now that you say she's 17, but I'd say still roll with it and see who it goes. As Grumpy pointed out, see where it goes first! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Sure why even bother at all when your going to be back in Ireland in a few months anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

WE NEED PICTURES!!!!

Just for clarity, like.....

It's like Romeo and Juliet, but instead of feuding families, you have stupid american laws.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Gandhi

Cross that bridge when you come to it, man. You have only had one date with this girl. No need to start calculating how much prison time you are going to get for the depraved atrocities she is going to allow you to perform on her.

If you are that worried, you can check court records to see how many lads in Boston have gone to the slammer for sleeping with a 17-year old. I'd imagine the Boston Court System has bigger fish to fry.

Yeah I know guys! I guess I just want some one to say NO and let that be that! I've meet up with her a couple of time already and she definitely doesn’t act 17! She's more mature than me! LOL so I’m gonna meet up with her again today after work and just talk with her! We'll see where it goes. I'll keep ye posted!

hey man ,i didnt mean to be so harsh its just as far as i know the age of consent in the states is 21 so shes a good bit off. a damn shame cause she sounds great.

• Advertisement
Advertisement