Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to ask her out?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

hey man ,i didnt mean to be so harsh its just as far as i know the age of consent in the states is 21 so shes a good bit off. a damn shame cause she sounds great.
    Its not. It might be for drinking but for sex its 18

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭curiosity

Now THIS was a nice thread:) . Fair play for asking her OP. Ta for the aftershave advice too hehe.

I'd say keep to the law, just in case. That way you can focus on getting to know her etc. I'm hoping she'll clock up the big one eight soon, for your sake:)

Woohoo romance:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Unhelpful and off-topic posting will get you banned from this forum.
    Do take time to read the charter which contains the rules and abide by them.
    Have a nice day.
    Thaedydal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

So ROMANTIC!
    I hope it all works out for you OmegaRed!
    Gotta buy Hubby that aftershave!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

OmegaRed wrote:
    For the people who were wondering, the after shave is L'EAU D'ISSEY by Issey Miyake.
    ...oh yeah? It's far from Issey Miyake you were born boy! Think you're too big in yer boots for Hi-Karate or Old Spice or the smell of hard honest labour (spelt with a 'u')?!

Seriously, well done. However, beware American girls. Them agreeing to a date does not constitute a subliminal acceptance of marriage as it does back home.

Doubly-beware of young girls. Most don't really know what they want or like at that age. As guys, we're pretty much set in concrete from age 14 (Drink! Feck! Girls! etc).

Once again well done. I hopped into this threat hoping not to see you at page 5 still wondering what the best approach would be. Women like bravery and boldness, but not crudeness or indecision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

Great thread and fair play to the OP.

I love how people keep berating the American Law system when ours is going to hell the last couple of weeks.

Romance FTW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Kuz_3040

Fair play to you mate dont worry about the laws its only illegal if you get caught :)

good to know romance is still alive and kicking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,264 ✭✭✭Elessar

Any update on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

Ah lads, Women! AHHHH LOL :)

Well it was all going fine and we were getting on really well and things seemed like they were going in a some sort of direction. She had kinda been seeing someone else the last few months but it wasn’t serious and she told me straight out. It didn’t bother me cos she can do what she wants, she’s not my girl friend, so I was cool with this. We talk all the time on the phone for hours every night and when she finishes work at 1 I usually take my lunch at the same time so I can see her. She told the other guy she was seeing that she met someone else and she really likes me. The dude was fine with this. But then as things seem to be going great and something was about to happen she tells me there is no point in starting something as I’m leaving at the end of September! I said fine and that we’d still be friends but she calls me ALL THE TIME and what’d to met up ALL THE TIME! She is very flirty on the phone and is always telling me how she wanst to kiss me and get me alone. I said it to her what her game was and she told me that she really wants something to happen but there is no point. She said she is a flirty girl like that all the time and she cant help it but she does mean it. Its just with me leaving she doesn’t want to get attached and then be heart broken when I leave.:confused:

I can understand all this but its really easy to just stop saying all these things if you want nothing to happen. I’ve tried to keep the phone calls and txting to a minimum. But she always calls every night. And its hard not to flirt back then either. So she’s falling for me cos of what I’ve been saying but doesn’t want something to happen and I’m not to pushed cos I know I’m going home and there are plenty of women in Boston but she’s a fantastic Bird.

She then suggested that we could be friends with benefits. She says we can be kissing buddies! Yeah right, like kissing never lead to anything more. I finish work early on Fridays and she knows this. She also knows that when I go home on Friday that I’m on my own for about 4 hours cos the rest of the lads or working. She asked could she come up this Friday and “hang out”!

They’ve driven me to drink before and they’ll do it again! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

get in there buddy, what have you got to lose :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

BArra wrote:
    get in there buddy, what have you got to lose :p

Well his freedom, if he's not careful.

Be careful, then get in there!

You don't necessarily have to have sex with her. I'm presuming that its illegal only if you do engage in fornication.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

No, its legal. Once she's 17 and not a virgin its legal. (see different post i made) Its not about sex lads! I actually enjoy spending time with the girl. I've spent time with girls before and been very close and intimate with them and not had sex with them. Its not always about sex! Its just her confusing talk and me not sure i wanna peruse this when i can be out meeting other people. (and again not necessarily having sex with other people)

I'm just giving an update. Gotta make a decision on this one myself. I'm just gonna see how it plays out!

Ahh, I see! Anyways, I hope everything goes well with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

OmegaRed wrote:

I'm just giving an update. Gotta make a decision on this one myself. I'm just gonna see how it plays out!

for gods sake man the girls practically throwing herself at you :D even a gob****e like me can figure this one out. it sound to me that she wants you to make the move so she doesnt feel so bad when you leave but your doing the decent thing and that fecked up her plan. now she has to go into this taking responsibility for how she'll feel when you leave, hence the kissing buddies thing. if she really wanted to call it a day and just stay friends she would have, instead shes upped the ante. sounds to me "kissing" is the least of whats on her mind particularly considering she knows you got a free pad.
    i can understand you wanting to wonder if its worth passing up the opportunity to meet other girls but face it , what would you rather have a half dozen one night stands or three months with this girl? i reckon you should go for it man. you already care for her so theres pain either way (plus you know you aint going to jail, yay!:D )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

Wow! Omega, I had to pop in and see if there's an update.
    This gal DOES sound young. She's playing mind games with herself and scooping you up in the wave of it!

But I'm with the others. I say go for it! You'll give her lifetime memories of this gorgeous Irishman who swept her off her feet! You'll be hard to top!!!!

And yes, if she wants to go to your pad when no one else is there she is NOT looking for friendship!

Hugs,

L4L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

First to clarify this is not omega red, we just shar avatars, might seem stupid to post but **** like this has hapened before.

GO FOR IT DUDE

Advertisement