Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just what Smackdown didn't need

• 24-05-2006 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭

It is likely there will be an injury angle involving Chris Benoit tonight in Bakersfield. He will be taking time off due to shoulder problems. No word on the severity but it didn't sound like a long-term thing. We will try and get an update on it later. We have not heard an angle will be shot, only that tonight will be his last match for a little while.

This will put Benoits feud with Finlay on ice for a while, and probably jeopardise his potential match with Malenko at ONS. Bugger

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Ah..hopefully he's just takin some time off to recover so he can make sure he's in great shape for the ECW ppv. I've been enjoying his matches even more recently than I was toward the end of last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

Fozzy wrote:
    Ah..hopefully he's just takin some time off to recover so he can make sure he's in great shape for the ECW ppv. I've been enjoying his matches even more recently than I was toward the end of last year
    thats what i was thinking, would be great to see him come back at ONS II, i wonder if finlay will work himself into it somehow, like an interference, have malenko and benoit gang up on him, i'm all for the ecw matches but i'd like a bit of rivalrty to them i thought some of the matches last year suffered from old friends syndrome (no spark).

as if to ad more woes, apparently JBL is also injured, according to prowrestling.com he'll be taking time off to recover form nagging injuries, that could be JBL Benoit and Angle missing from tv at the same time, maybe this will lead to an early reprieve for Randy Orton,
    goes to show though Rey is at least behaving like a true champion by working through the pain, even if they are not booking him like one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

goes to show though Rey is at least behaving like a true champion by working through the pain, even if they are not booking him like one

In 10/20/30 years time he might be paying a heavy price for being a true champion. Thats what Big Dave tried to do and it made his injury even worse.

I'm all for guys taking time out to get back to full health. Particuliarly Angle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

In 10/20/30 years time he might be paying a heavy price for being a true champion. Thats what Big Dave tried to do and it made his injury even worse.

I'm all for guys taking time out to get back to full health. Particuliarly Angle.

yes, i would like angle, batista, mr kennedy to be back to full time action soon :D mr kennedy rocks :D

• Advertisement

absolutely agree, i wasn't casting aspirtions on the others, Angle and Benoit have very sensitive issues with their necks, injuries that effect their lives outside of the wrestling ring and should exercise extreme caution, what i'm getting at is rey can obviously work through his pain and has chosen to, i'm sure he could get time off if he looked for it, but he's decided to do whats best for the business, tbh i don't think it's something that will come back to haunt him it musn't be too serious yet, at 31 he has a good long run left in him and WWE know they'd be foolish to risk the future of a guaranteed successful superstar for a weak run.
    i'd say he can get by for the while with resting it, which is why he's being squashed for the last few weeks, less running and bouncing on the knee then normal,but fair play to him anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

seems it won't be too long before mr. kennedy is back and
    benoit had the crap beaten out of him by mark henry. although it was more benoit throwing himself around than anything else

absolutely agree, i wasn't casting aspirtions on the others, Angle and Benoit have very sensitive issues with their necks, injuries that effect their lives outside of the wrestling ring and should exercise extreme caution, what i'm getting at is rey can obviously work through his pain and has chosen to, i'm sure he could get time off if he looked for it, but he's decided to do whats best for the business, tbh i don't think it's something that will come back to haunt him it musn't be too serious yet, at 31 he has a good long run left in him and WWE know they'd be foolish to risk the future of a guaranteed successful superstar for a weak run.
    i'd say he can get by for the while with resting it, which is why he's being squashed for the last few weeks, less running and bouncing on the knee then normal,but fair play to him anyway.

Well why did n't they have him do vignettes and interviews. Would have have saved his knee and he would n't have need to get squashed weekly

Plus hes been wrestling since he was 16. Thats 15 years of wrestling and hes had multiple surgeries on it it previously.

I don't know how badly he's injured but I do know that while wrestlers obviously have to work hurt to a degree, there is a line. And way too often wrestlers cross it.

Well why did n't they have him do vignettes and interviews. Would have have saved his knee and he would n't have need to get squashed weekly
    at a guess i'd say it was to be a fighting champion, but basically i'm not disagreeing with you, i'm trying to display my admiration for the lengths the man is willing to go to for the job.

at a guess i'd say it was to be a fighting champion, but basically i'm not disagreeing with you, i'm trying to display my admiration for the lengths the man is willing to go to for the job.

Whoose admiring 62 year old Terry Funk now who can barely walk?

I guess my point is that it comes a point where its just not worth it. But I get exactly what your saying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

bright side is maybe we'll get to see more of the cruiserweights with all the big guys out.

Advertisement