Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV say Eircom need to downgrade my line

• 24-05-2006 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I mentioned previously in another thread that I want to downgrade my line from 2Mb to 1Mb in the hope that this will reduce the number of disconnects that I am experiencing, my line does not really support 2Mb.

I am with UTV, I rang them a good while back and they said they would downgrade me, no problem, should only take a few days. Well they still haven't done it and yesterday my modem was reporting a down speed connection of 2,700 K (or something close to that) upstream of about 350K. So it looks like they have jacked up the speeds even more...trouble is I was getting disconnected every few minutes yesterday. Basically it was unusable.

I rang UTV today and asked them why the service is still at +2Mb, the guy said that Eircom have to downgrade the line for them and that they are still waiting. I thought that UTV were the ones giving me the 2Mb service and they just had to switch the service back to 1Mb? Is it the case that my phone line needs to be switched from 2Mb the 1Mb by Eircom or are UTV giving me the run around?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

UTV only resell Eircom BB so Eircom have to do all the work in the exchange. They're not giving you the run around on that score, however, whether they have actually requested Eircom to downgrade you or not is another story.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Yes indeed Eircom are an easy excuse for UTV - I think it is written on the walls up there Blame Eircom Blame Eircom. Next time you have to ring them ask them when exactly they requested Eircom to downgrade you and for the reference number.

Advertisement