Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a good case for crossfire

Options
  • 24-05-2006 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a good quality case large enough for a crossfire setup with large cpu fan and 4 HD's.

I have an Antec midi tower at the moment, it's a bit small. But I would like to stay in the midi tower range. not looking for a monolith.

Any help would be great. Thanks!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

the gigabite aroura is ment to be very good and also is the cm stacer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

bubonicus wrote:
    But I would like to stay in the midi tower range. not looking for a monolith.

Probably not a Stacker then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

I find the Akasa Eclipse 62 to be very nice, Ive cut a few holes for more fans aswell so it now has 4 x 120 and 1 x 80 and none on the window yet

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Meh once you get a tower case like the stacker or the tt eqivilant(have both) you never go back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭bubonicus

thanks for the options lads.

might push it to a tower. aslong as it's no taller than 53cm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

bubonicus wrote:
    thanks for the options lads.

might push it to a tower. aslong as it's no taller than 53cm.

A Stacker is 54cm without the wheels...I just measured mine.

Size does matter :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

awhir wrote:
    the gigabite aroura is ment to be very good and also is the cm stacer.
    I don't think it's as amzing as it's made out to be. The hard disk noise from it is very loud and the supplied fans are also quite audible. It's pretty good alright but it's not perfect. I had a wavemaster before and it felt much better made and was a lot quieter with regard to HDD noise but the fans were a bit louder as they were 80mm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭savemejebus

The gigabyte aurora is great to build in and lovely to look at but it's quite noisy and there are some issues with airflow due to the way the hdds are mounted in the case.

quietest and nicest case i ever had was the antec sonata

• Advertisement
Advertisement