Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New card soon

Options
  • 24-05-2006 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭

Well, getting a new card soon, dunno which one to pick from the clickie

Powercolor ATI Radeon X1800GTO.

or clickie

the Nvidia Geforce 7600GT.

Both cards are priced the same, (very good value) but I'm wondering if anyone has any advice of which one to go for?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Arent you bidding against me for the 6800 on ebay?

Or is there 2 Irish Grumpys :eek:

I think you should get the GTO :D

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

KdjaC wrote:
    Arent you bidding against me for the 6800 on ebay?

Or is there 2 Irish Grumpys :eek:

I think you should get the GTO :D

kdjac

Lol, yeah that was me :D

But changed my mind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

1800 beats the **** out of the 7600.

- Powered by ATI Radeon R520XT GPU running at 625MHz
    - Based on 0.09 micron manufacturing process
    - 16 ultra efficient extreme pipelines
    - 256MB GDDR3 Memory running at 1500MHz
    - 256-Bit lightning fast memory interface
    - 8 Vertex Shaders/Geometry Pipelines
    - Memory Bandwidth - 48GB/sec
    - Fill Rate - 10.00 billion pixels/sec

- Memory: 256MB DDR2
    - Core Clock: 400MHz
    - Memory Clock: 800MHz
    - RAMDAC: Dual 400MHz

Memory and core are a lot better.

kdjac

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Ahhhh, Those are the specs of The X1800XT.........

Anyway, the 7600gt is cheaper and a better performer than the X1800GTO and it overclocks like a Mofo.

The gainward model has 1.2ns ram:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

yeah, but im deciding between the powercolor radeon model, and the same priced 7600gt.... so which is better between those?

• Advertisement

Then I would go for the BFG 7600gt.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

The 7600GT and X1800GTO are really about the same they are a bit faster/slower in certain games but neither enough to call one an outright winner.

The only big advantages the X1800GTO has over a 7600GT are;
    Free AVIVO DVD Decoder

Proper dynamic branching - Room for performance growth in games that support branching, problem is barely any do though that might change in the long run.

AA+HDR - The X1K series can perform AA & HDR lighting simultaneously though the X1800GTO may not have the performance to enable this in all games it may be an option in RTS games or slower paced things like Splinter Cell etc.

If any of the above float your boat go with the X1800GTO if not then go with the 7600GT.

8T8 wrote:
    The 7600GT and X1800GTO are really about the same they are a bit faster/slower in certain games but neither enough to call one an outright winner.

The only big advantages the X1800GTO has over a 7600GT are;
    Free AVIVO DVD Decoder

Proper dynamic branching - Room for performance growth in games that support branching, problem is barely any do though that might change in the long run.

AA+HDR - The X1K series can perform AA & HDR lighting simultaneously though the X1800GTO may not have the performance to enable this in all games it may be an option in RTS games or slower paced things like Splinter Cell etc.

If any of the above float your boat go with the X1800GTO if not then go with the 7600GT.

I mentioned this to him in a PM, seems hes only interested in price:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

A fair reason : ) the X1800GTO's arent quite as cheapa s the 7600GT as the X1800GTO's are cast off X1800XT parts that failed to make the grade.

Advertisement