Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another foundation question

• 24-05-2006 8:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34 misefreisin

I feel like I have long since given up the search for the perfect foundation. I'm 20 and have had crap skin since I was about 10. It was acne until the age of about 16, but I wouldn't call it that anymore. I was on the pill for a year and had really clear skin during that time, and when I came off it, would only get the odd spot here and there, nothing major.

The problem is, I have quite a few scars left from all of this. I was using armani luminous silk for a while, and I really loved almost everything about it. It didn't make me break out and the texture was just perfect. It didn't give me enough coverage though. A few weeks ago I bought mac studio tech and I swear, I vow never to buy it again. It gives fantastic coverage, an absolutely flawless finish, but my skin has gone absolutely CRAP from using it. [by the way, I am aware it is one of their heavier formulas, I'd only use it once or twice a week for going out, but it's still wreaked havoc on my face!]

So basically, I'm looking for some kind of happy medium between the two. I need something that gives good coverage without reverting my skin back to its acne ridden ways. Any recommendations would be highly welcome. Cheers!

Comments

I use l'oreal adaptive...apparently it's not oil based, it's matte, and it'll adapt to whether your skin is dry or greasy or whatever

Also, I would also definitely recommend wearing Nivea's oil-free moisturiser, it makes your skin stay oil free all day, so I'd wear it under foundation or on its own too
    I hope that helps...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Best thing to do is go into Brown Thomas, Arnotts, Cleary's, Boots armed with little pots and just get samples from every counter and try them out.

You may have sensitive skin if the Studio Tech was making your skin go bad. Also maybe your skin is more suited to liquid foundations as Studio Tech is a cream and powder mix. Maybe try Clinique or Estee Lauder for their foundations. I know they have a few heavy coverage liquid foundations. You can't really go by any reccommendations as everyone's skin is different.

So I'm saying go with the pots. Ask the counter assistant to go through all the different types of foundations and whichever one you think is best for your skin/colour,ask for a sample (they will not refuse you), get the name of it and try it out at home.

Good luck...coz I know, finding the right foundation for you can be frustrating and expensive!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

Lancome teint idole gives flawless coverage, it lasts and it's oil free. It also doesn't block your skin!
    Although, the problem could be more to do with removing your makeup because a couple of years ago I only removed my makeup with Simple cleanser and I destroyed my skin! You should make sure your makeup is being comlpetely removed - the Clinique 3step is excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

i have dreadful skin too and i use dream matte mousse by mabeline...
    find it really does the trick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Villaricos

OP your not the only one to react to MACs heavier foundations my skin went really bad wearing it too. its so thick that your skin cant breathe.
    anyway id recommend Clinique. its all fragrance oil free stuff. i use their foundation and theyr anti blemish range is great for helping the skin along on the bad days.
    also found benefit playsticks good for a lil extra coverage where needed and didnt wreak havoc like the mac stuff.
    its a real trial and error thing though so the advice about getting samples is a good one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Since you were happy with the Armani foundation except for its lack of coverage, have you considered getting a really good concealer (such as YSL Touche Eclait) to use underneath it?

Otherwise four of my sisters have sensitive skin and they all use either Lancome or Elizabeth Arden foundations. Lancome in particular have a lot of different levels of coverage so you should be able to find something there.

Happy searching!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

stargal wrote:
    Since you were happy with the Armani foundation except for its lack of coverage, have you considered getting a really good concealer (such as YSL Touche Eclait) to use underneath it?

The Touch Eclat isn't really a concealer, more a light reflecting highlighter and the pinky tones in it help neutralize grey/blue dark circles under the eye area.

With scarring/blemishes, you need to go for either green(colour corrector) or yellow based concealers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Sorry, my mistake there. Was trying to think of a strong concealer and that was the first one that came to mind!

Advertisement