Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geog anyone???help please???

• 24-05-2006 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

i repeated my leaving cert this year and i did a completley different course last year!!!im completley snowed under wit the amount of work in it and these damn SRP's are so annoying im used to waffling!!!has nebody got any hints for me????oh and btw my teacher was useless and didnt help me atall!!she didnt even finish the elective and didnt start the option atall!!!xxxxxx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 JohnPH

If you havnt spent time studying the others you could do the 'economic elective' and 'global interdependance' for your option. Im doing these because they all link together so if you study a section such as renewable energy you can use this information for both sections. It can half the work. Also, it's not the most factual so it's relatively easy to bluff..:rolleyes:

..Check it out anyway..I think it's ok...

Make sure you know region of industrial decline, BMW v S&E , european region, and world region..and all the question in the sample paper.
    I know thats kind of a good bit but its not difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

I'm a bit unsure about the whole thing too

Okay so far I've covered ...

The Elective Unit

- Migration, Theories, NDP, Population distribution ect.

Rock and Techtonic Cycle

Rivers
    - We did this in detail so I know this well.

Coastal and Glaciers

Regions

- Subcontinental [India]

- Two contrasting European regions

- East V West of Ireland

Interaction between economic, cultural and physical processes

Boundaries changing over time

Geoecology
    - Really confusing.

Why is the course so bloddy long this year:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

Have you not done teh option????

i have got the less stress Geo book for the option..its ment to be quite good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

so far i've studied
    Economics-what GNP and HDI are............

and er.......thats sort of it
    *cue panic!*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Funkstard

I'm alright on the physical & option bits, and I know regional but the questions in the sample paper, I wouldn't really know how to answer them. As for the elective, we started doing the economic one and then changed to the population/migration one. We've been given notes, but I really don't have a clue on what type of answers they want or anything. We did the whole thing in about a week with our teacher giving us piles of notes. Didn't actually learn much though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

ThrownAway wrote:
    Geoecology
    - Really confusing.

Yep, Im lost in it. Tried to do a ques on it the other day & didnt know wat to say at all & its ment 2 be 2/3 pages long. Not looking good if I cant even write one word down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

Learn Global Interdepenca if you did the economic elective. They go hand in hand!

eamoss wrote:
    Yep, Im lost in it. Tried to do a ques on it the other day & didnt know wat to say at all & its ment 2 be 2/3 pages long. Not looking good if I cant even write one word down.
    There's questions like ...

''Using an example that you have studied analyse the way in which plants and animals adapt to the specific condtions of climate and soil.''

and

''Assess the global implications of the continued felling of tropical rainforests.''

Now, the marking indications say that they're looking for FOUR arguements at 20 marks each. How can you ARGUE the points?? I REALLY don't get it.

I just hope that an ''easy'' question like ...

Examine how human activities can accelerate soil erosion

...comes up.

That way you can make four paragraphs on ...

1. Deforestation
    2. Over Cropping
    3. Over Grazing
    4. Desertification

But I still don't get the arguement part?? Also, overcropping and overgrazing can both go under the heading ''Poor Farming Practices'' so that means there's only three things to write about. So the most I can be marked out of is 60 and that's supposed to be the easiest question. :eek:

I REALLY wish I had sample answers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭helles belles

im repeating too! and i only took up geography this year cuz i was told that it would be easier than learning the english course all over again.
    worse choice i ever made!
    i so wish now that i took up business. i find it so hard to study geo and i barely went to the classes!
    im still trying to get through core unit 1! it took me two and a half hours to study the first chapter!
    but i think it will be easier when i finish core unit 1 and 2. the rest kinda just sticks in your head.
    most of it is in the news all the time anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭willowmegs

i have got the less stress Geo book?

that book is a lifesaver for it all!

• Advertisement

willowmegs wrote:
    that book is a lifesaver for it all!
    Ah wish I got it.

I'm repeating too!! It was a nightmare trying to cram the course in one year NOT RECOMMENDED to anyone almost impossible to a get A1 this year I'd say since it's new n'all.

Advertisement