Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spurs Transfer Rumours And General Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

never heard of him, so hes probably top drawer quality.

position?

LW or AM I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Ben Arfa is a very promising LW or AM. He is only 19 so Im sure we will also be going for Downing or Petrov as well. Just heard that we have resigned Mido ... great signing imo, excellent cover for Berbatov.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Baptista would be awesome in the Premiership!

Think he definitely has the skills to excell in the PL, but I wonder about his attitude. I'm wary about South American's in the English game (apart from the obvious legends)

As for Mido, I'd rather we left him where he was. By all accounts he'd a terrible attitude towards the end of last season, he got his chance and blew it IMO. Would much rather Lee Barnard got his chance as striker #4, at least he's hungry with something to prove.

Rumour mill continues to go into overdrive for Spurs...:(

Mido, Downing, Petrov, Neill, Chimbonda, Baptista are all still on or off depending on who you're prepared to listen to. TBH, I just wish this bloody window would close now...

The one thing I didn't like was Jol's comments after the Everton game re. our move for Downing, bang out of order and counter-productive to boot. Very amatuer behaviour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Maybe the comments about Downing were a smokescreen !! I would prefer us not to pay £10m+ for him as i think there are better more experienced players out there ... The comments made by Jol were unlike him, so i guess if we are after Downing they were trying to force their hand ...

One thing for sure, i'll be glad when this transfer dealine is over :D

Now Lee's on his way to Roma apparently...:(

http://english.yna.co.kr/Engnews/20060829/670000000020060829171331E4.html

Close the f*#king window, please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

Not too impressed with Lee being shipped out. I can understand Defendi seeing as they don't look like ever given him a shot near the first team but Lee has been our best full back of the last few seasons.

Finally some good f*cking news!

King reckons he'll be back for Old Trafford
    Martin Jol suggested in his pre-Everton press briefing that Ledley could return for the big one at Old Trafford and the 25-year-old confirmed: "Yes, I think I’m on target for that.

"With the internationals it's two weeks before the United game so the break has worked out well for me.

"I haven't missed that many games, just three in the first week, so that's not too bad. I can't wait to get back out there first in full training and then the games."

Finally some good f*cking news!

King reckons he'll be back for Old Trafford

Well that for me is like a £20m signing in itself .... great to get the leader back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

And back comes Mido! :D

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/midoreturns290806.html

I'm quite happy with this. He would've come back knowing our current striking options, and if he can keep himself fit he'll prove to be a superb backup striker. Having the options of Mido, Keane, Defoe, & Berbatov leaves us in very good shape up front.

Having King and Mido back should be good. They both give the team something physically which we've been missing.

Yep i'd agree with that... Mido knows the premiership, is still young and this is his chance to prove himself ...if he doesn't then he will be shipped out whether he likes it or not ...Gives our attacking options a bit more balance, and as you said a bit more of a physical presence

Lucas Neill is on his way to Liverpool, I'd love it if we put a cheeky bid in for Steve Finnan, he must be getting the message now after Benitez has signed three RBs in his time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Lucas Neill is on his way to Liverpool, I'd love it if we put a cheeky bid in for Steve Finnan, he must be getting the message now after Benitez has signed three RBs in his time.
    While I wouldn't call Neill an out and out RB seeing as he can play anywhere across the back line I doubt Finnan is worried in the slightest anyway.

Benitez may not have thought much of him when he arrived at Anfield but now he is one of the first names on the team sheet. I'm sure Finnan knows this at this stage.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

if a big bid for Defoe is made will Spurs sell? He is constantly linked with moves away, Tottenham have the cover now and He does not start ever game anyway. How much would such a bid have to be also?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

So, Lee has opted not to sign for Roma.

Good news for Spurs fans - he's a superb fullback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Rumours around Villa reckon they have made a formal bid for Defoe and Spurs are thinking about it. You guys reckon he might go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Villa in for who?

Sorry, meant to be in for Defoe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

I dunno, ive a feeling he'll want to stay. Dont know why, but i dont see him leaving anytime soon. (chances are, a few minutes after posting this, he'll be on his way out!!)

Reports around Villa suggest Defoe is at Villa Park for talks.

irish1 wrote:
    Reports around Villa suggest Defoe is at Villa Park for talks.

for real? I'd be suprised if Spurs let him go and why are Ncastle not interested? Unless we're in for Viduka, ffs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

kinaldo wrote:
    for real? I'd be suprised if Spurs let him go and why are Ncastle not interested? Unless we're in for Viduka, ffs!
    With Owen, Martins and Ameobi Newcastle don't need him. They could do with spending the millions on their defence. :)

eirebhoy wrote:
    With Owen, Martins and Ameobi Newcastle don't need him.
    Owen is out for the whole season so we do need another striker, maybe not Defoe though. Tbh I don't think Villa or us could afford him now.
    They could do with spending the millions on their defence. :)
    I couldn't agree more.

kinaldo wrote:
    Owen is out for the whole season so we do need another striker, maybe not Defoe though. Tbh I don't think Villa or us could afford him now.

I'd say there's a price on him, but at this late stage of the window you'd need to double it for Spurs to do business. Levy would be lynched if he sold Defoe without a replacement.

If Defoe doesn't get his game over the next few months, I wouldn't be surprised to see him jog on in the January window.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Serie A side Roma have clinched the signing of Tottenham Hotspur defender Rodrigo Defendi.

The Brazilian stopper had been linked with a move to Stadio Olimpico as part of the deal that saw Mido return to North London, and the Giallrossi have now announced the arrival of the 20-year-old

Steed is currently out of action with a groin problem and is expected to be out for around 10 weeks.

Nice, he'll be back and match fit in time for the January transfer window...:mad:

I knew he'd an injury, but I thought he'd be out for a couple of weeks. I know we want to strengthen the squad, but I didn't think keeping the physio busy was a priority...

• Advertisement

Yeah it's crazy, we could have saved the wage money and sorted out a deal for Jan 1st.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Great player, but makes no sense. If he was fit immediately I'd be happy, but he'll not be ready for 8 games, which is useless. Our season will have practically been decided by then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

eirebhoy wrote:
    With Owen, Martins and Ameobi Newcastle don't need him. They could do with spending the millions on their defence. :)

how many of those three are currently able to walk?

Well i hope come midnight, that we have signed someone at least fit !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Looks like this long running saga is coming to an end!

Wigan have accepted a bid from Spurs for Chimbonda.

Hup there!

we're not gone away you know...

• Advertisement

Comedy commentary aside :D , here's the highlights from Saturday's draw at Villa. That penalty decision was shocking...

Clicky

Also, have Spurs the hardest defenders in the PL? Davenport played on with a broken nose from early doors and Dawson suffered his second concussion in two weeks. Just a pity The Hudd didn't play, he's built like a brick sh*thouse and can take all the punishment you throw at him.

Davenports' red card rescinded

Good decision for once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

On the subject of cards being rescinded, why is that common practice when other decisions can't be retrospectively reversed when the referee has 'dealt' with it at the time? Like the FA having to get permission from FIFA to turn Thatcher's yellow into a red when he knocked out Pedro Mendes?

Davenports' red card rescinded

Good decision for once.

That is good news and the right decision ..would they have rescinded the penalty if Angel scored :D

On the subject of cards being rescinded, why is that common practice when other decisions can't be retrospectively reversed when the referee has 'dealt' with it at the time? Like the FA having to get permission from FIFA to turn Thatcher's yellow into a red when he knocked out Pedro Mendes?

I don't understand either. I suppose they're probably saying FIFA don't want much video replay involvement so have limited it to just one case.

Right decision to rescind Davenport's I agree.

• Advertisement

The Times are reporting that Chelsea are keen to do a swap deal plus cash adjustment:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,277-2436848,00.html

I know their lot have their own forum but it's cold over there and I had to search for this thread. Can this not go in the most used sticky?

kinaldo wrote:
    Can this not go in the most used sticky?

I asked, but it seems we're the Judean People's Front at the moment...:p

Lennon to Chelsea? Same as Steve Carr to Arsenal/ManYoo just before every time we played them.

We'd prefer to sell to our friendly bankers up the road in Manchester anway, if we can get £18.9m for Carrick...

We'd prefer to sell to our friendly bankers up the road in Manchester anway, if we can get £18.9m for Carrick...
    Yeah that Carrick sale was probably the deal of the century so far. SWP would be a brilliant replacement though if he can recapture his form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

if Lennon does go could pave way for Beckham at the lane . maybe

these rumours are great i think i might start one down the pub tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭cxcully

It is a tough one.....Lennon and all his promise gone in return for 20 million bucks and SWP.Come back to me at the end of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭cxcully

Scratch that last comment.The man HAS to stay.What a match.

Sunday Mirror rumour-mongering yesterday, suggesting a Jermaine Defoe-Craig Bellamy swap in the January window.

Apparently, Jol wants Bellamy to play left wing, so obviously the journo didn't pay much attention to Bellam's time at Newcastle...;)

The other, more believable, rumour was a Spurs move for Curtis Davies @ WBA. The King/Dawson partnership is untouchable at the moment, but neither can be expected to last a full league campaign with any sort of an extended cup run,wither in Europe or domestically.

Spurs sign Sunderland keeper Alnwick

Regretably I've seen almost no Championship football this year, is this kid any use?

Martin Fulop will make his loan move permanent as part of the deal, with the Black Cats receiving £1m as well.

Spurs seal UC fate with group win

Saw none of the game due to stupid work, but am told we totally controlled the match and could have had more (free hit the post, another shot deflected over the bar).

Spurs finish top of the group like the other 3 British sides involved in the Wafer and await tomorrows draw with confidence given our form in the competition (6 played, 6 won)

Spurs have definitely been the most impressive side in the competition so far. Even favourites Sevilla saw their 13 game winning streak at home spectacularly come to an end tonight with two late goals from Shota Arveladze giving AZ Alkmaar the group.

• Advertisement
Advertisement