Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spurs Transfer Rumours And General Chat

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Death or Glory

He couldn't catch a cold.

Handling errors/crosses/being beaten from distance.

He couldn't kick a drug habbit either

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Didnt know.He is on transfer list for this summer?

He's off to the smog monsters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

Right, the end of a rather lackluster season looms.

With a new jersey just launched who exactly of the current crop would you like to see wearing it at the lane next year?

With all the recent transfer speculation you would struggle to think that any of the current eleven will be guaranteed first team football next year.

I reckon Ramos needs to be careful that he doesn’t make too many changes. Granted there are a lot of players surplus to requirements, but I wouldn’t be totally in favor of a complete overhaul of the starting 11.

The spine of team, central defence & central midfield isn’t actually that bad if he can build the 3-4 players required around this we should look a lot stronger than we were during parts of this season

Up front there is an obvious two but whether Berbs stays or not no one knows. If he doesn’t we should be looking to get a world-class prolific scorer in to replace him.

Im not even gonna mention the current keepers. I don’t think any of them will be on the starting eleven next season.

So it looks like a frantic summer of ins and outs in sues, either way lets hope the start of next season is a hell of a lot better than the one just gone.

Roll on the end of August.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭I-Bleed-White

Well i'm sure Keano is assured of keeping his place as team captain (King is never there), scored 23 goals and never stops running even during his dip in form. Then some praise from Ramos for him after the last game says he definitly staying.

I have just accepted that Berb is gone. It will be a treat if he stays.
    I would keep Jenas on for 1 more season to see if he can consistently hold the form which won him his England cap if he gets a run in a winning team.
    King has to stay. He IS Tottenham.

Woodgate obviously keeps his place and without a doubt Steed has to stay, whether he keeps his place I don't know but he is definatly one of the most under rated players in the prem and our top tackler. Bale will get his chance. Teach Lennon to cross a ball and shoot and he has to stay. Hutton obviously, and O'Hara has been a breath of fresh air, Huddlestone has had a really great season by his standards. Then **** the rest of them.

I heard a lot of rumours about new players but is there any rumour who will be on transfer list this summer,players on which Ramos wont count in the next season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I heard a lot of rumours about new players but is there any rumour who will be on transfer list this summer,players on which Ramos wont count in the next season

Robinson
    Cerny
    Chimbonda
    Dawson
    Lee
    Gardner [permanent deal]
    Stalteri [permanent deal]
    Ghaly [permanent deal]
    Berbatov

Also possible:

Tainio
    Huddlestone
    Bent

Who the hell is going to play?Is least anyone coming for sure in the team,thats huge reorganisation if all those players will leave,and i dont get how they think to get back some money,who will by bent for even close amount Spurs paid for him?

Who the hell is going to play?Is least anyone coming for sure in the team,thats huge reorganisation if all those players will leave,and i dont get how they think to get back some money,who will by bent for even close amount Spurs paid for him?

New GK

Hutton
    Woodgate
    New CB
    Bale

Lennon
    Zokora
    Modric
    Steed

Keane
    New CF

Subs:

New GK
    Gilberto
    Kaboul
    Gunter
    Hudd
    Tainio
    Jenas
    O'Hara
    Bent
    Taarabt
    Boateng

Which players would you like to see on those positions and connected with rumours?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,153 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Anyone listening to Newstalk this morning Graham Hunter was saying that Ramos was going to raid Savilla to capture a promisng young winger (didn't catch his name) but said to expect this deal to go through. maybe this might see Lennon sold on

Robinson
    Cerny
    Chimbonda
    Dawson
    Lee
    Gardner [permanent deal]
    Stalteri [permanent deal]
    Ghaly [permanent deal]
    Berbatov

Also possible:

Tainio
    Huddlestone
    Bent

given that we are likely to buy a half dozen players dotted across the field i cant see any (Berbatov aside) of these players being missed

chimbonda possibly being the only exception , given our defenders dismal track record of staying fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Anyone listening to Newstalk this morning Graham Hunter was saying that Ramos was going to raid Savilla to capture a promisng young winger (didn't catch his name) but said to expect this deal to go through. maybe this might see Lennon sold on
    Navas? Although he's not really young - maybe 22 / 23.

Btw, i see the rumourmill is in full-swing with talk of Eto'o -> Spurs, Berbatov -> Barca :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Jesus Navas wont leave seville :D

Capel is the one that Ramos will buy, good player only young takes on players for fun playing in an attacking sevilla side has scored ehhh 1 league goal and got in maybe 2 succesful crosses, 20 million so :Dhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diego_Capel

"promising"a good coach could make him a left sided messi.

Navas has a "condition" be shocked to see him leave sevilla conisdering what happens when he goes away.

kdjac

Which players would you like to see on those positions and connected with rumours?

Goalkeeping-wise, I don't know enough about European football to pick anyone realistic and good enough. We've been linked with Espanyol's Kameni and Schalke's Neuer but I know little of either player. I quite like Rob Green at West Ham and I rate Celtic's Boruc so I'd have either of those.

At CB, we've been linked with the Argentinian pair of Garay (Santander) and Diaz (Getafe) who I've heard good things of, but again I don't know enough about either player. If I was restricted to players I know, I'd go for Micah Richards given the turmoil at City I think he would jump ship. Richard Dunne and Matthew Upson would be decent options as well.

I've not suggested we need a midfielder, but I would love Poulsen from Sevilla to anchor our midfield, or possibly Lyon's Mathieu Bodmer. Sean Wright Philips would be a massive signing is we could prise him away from Chelsea, and would put pressure on Lennon to up his game.

Up front I'd have Dean Ashton from West Ham (possible swap with them for Bent) or I'd hope Ramos would raid his former club for Kanoute or Fabiano.

KdjaCL wrote: »
    Capel is the one that Ramos will buy

He's been on the radar for a while but I reckon Sevilla will rape us for any transfer fee as punishment for nicking Ramos...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

ANy news down your way about Cuellar and McGregor?

Being hotly linked with spurs and newcastle at the minute in scotland.

WHy is it never Charlie Adam? :(

Eirebear wrote: »
    ANy news down your way about Cuellar and McGregor?

Being hotly linked with spurs and newcastle at the minute in scotland.

WHy is it never Charlie Adam? :(

McGregor's name has popped up of late, not a hell of a lot to back it up but I'm told he's been watched.

Cuellar only mentioned in last week, is he a little slow-paced? Have seen very little footy since I ditched Sky Sports and Setanta...

Goalkeeping-wise, I don't know enough about European football to pick anyone realistic and good enough. We've been linked with Espanyol's Kameni and Schalke's Neuer but I know little of either player. I quite like Rob Green at West Ham and I rate Celtic's Boruc so I'd have either of those.

At CB, we've been linked with the Argentinian pair of Garay (Santander) and Diaz (Getafe) who I've heard good things of, but again I don't know enough about either player. If I was restricted to players I know, I'd go for Micah Richards given the turmoil at City I think he would jump ship. Richard Dunne and Matthew Upson would be decent options as well.

I've not suggested we need a midfielder, but I would love Poulsen from Sevilla to anchor our midfield, or possibly Lyon's Mathieu Bodmer. Sean Wright Philips would be a massive signing is we could prise him away from Chelsea, and would put pressure on Lennon to up his game.

Up front I'd have Dean Ashton from West Ham (possible swap with them for Bent) or I'd hope Ramos would raid his former club for Kanoute or Fabiano.

Well i dont know about Kameni,i was watching him long ago but Neuer is very good,young,and had really good season in Schalke,everyone saying he is next number one for Germany's team,i think that would be nice choice,for Garay and Diaz i must say never heard before so i wont comment,Micah Richards would be fantastic signing coz i i just adore how that guy is playing tough and good.And about Sevilla,any player of them would be good coz they have really good team,every player is fantastic so if ramos get some of them that would be great for Tottenham

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

McGregor's name has popped up of late, not a hell of a lot to back it up but I'm told he's been watched.

Cuellar only mentioned in last week, is he a little slow-paced? Have seen very little footy since I ditched Sky Sports and Setanta...

Hes not the fastest defender in the world, but he has been solid as a rock for us this season....there is no way we could have defended the way we have this season without him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

I know Merca is not the most concrete of sources, but if true, this surely indicates that Spurs are beginning to make plans for the departure of Berb.

Not a bad aul replacement, but financially, it would be a like for like swap, and I think Spurs may be wiser to invest in a younger striker, who may not gobble up all of Berbatov's transfer fee. Just my opinion though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

that league cup really went to the head!! get berbie out,he wants out..... does anyone else think dawson is crap?

staker wrote: »
    that league cup really went to the head!! get berbie out,he wants out..... does anyone else think dawson is crap?

Yeah. I love Dawson as a Spurs charchter. He gives his all, he's commited, he throws himself at the ball but he is not an intelligent CB. He is a nightmare at set pieces, lets men get away from him and doesn't take charge at and has trouble reading the game and allows himself to be streched. Richard Dunne would be a welcome replacement and a cheap one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,153 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I suggested that Richard Dunne would be a great signing and play well alongside Woodgate but I got shot down with a lot of fans saying we can do better, again some fans need to take their heads out of the clouds, we've tried signing foreign defenders and very few have worked out, great if we are in a champions league but we're not!
    I rate Dunne as an equal to King in terms of defending and I think we would leak very few goals if we had Woodgate & Dunne in the middle of defence next season!

Eto and Deco in the mix for Spurs new signings. Alledgedly Daniel Levy is going over to Barca this Sunday to convince Eto why Spurs would be the right move for him. Hopefully he will give Deco a shout while he is over there. You have to fancy Chelsea to get Deco but where would he fit in in that midfield. It would work if he wanted to be a squad player.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

Eto and Deco in the mix for Spurs new signings. Alledgedly Daniel Levy is going over to Barca this Sunday to convince Eto why Spurs would be the right move for him. Hopefully he will give Deco a shout while he is over there. You have to fancy Chelsea to get Deco but where would he fit in in that midfield. It would work if he wanted to be a squad player.

how in gods name is he gona persuade eto to go to a club that arent even in europe?

"we just had a bad year eto'o,I swear" lol

A striker is the last thing spurs need,try a new midfield.

dc69 wrote: »
    how in gods name is he gona persuade eto to go to a club that arent even in europe?

"we just had a bad year eto'o,I swear" lol

A striker is the last thing spurs need,try a new midfield.

Winning this:
    010366329160000.jpg

qualifies you for this:

UEFA-Cup.jpg

Winning this:
    010366329160000.jpg

qualifies you for this:

UEFA-Cup.jpg

the real deal not the mickie mouse:).
    No offence spurs are my second team but it is well known Eto'o is a prick,I can see him demanding stupid money and I cant see him going to a team not playing in the CL.

If berbatov is gona leave because he feels the club isnt big enough/ going the direction he wants and Eto is a better player than berbatov,i dont see how that adds up.

Eto will go to Italy I would say,If he comes to the prem it will be chelsea or pool,but unlikely.

dc69 wrote: »
    If berbatov is gona leave because he feels the club isnt big enough/ going the direction he wants and Eto is a better player than berbatov,i dont see how that adds up.

I don't believe he'll come either, but I didn't think Modric would end up at the Lane either...;)

I don't believe he'll come either, but I didn't think Modric would end up at the Lane either...;)

true,spurs are gona have a very good team next year.I think they really need a better CM though.

JJ is pony and trap I think and I cant see him being first choice next year.Hutton and Modrik are both quality players and I just dont see JJ in the same bracket and for me CM is exactly where spurs need the quality and I can see ramos buying in.

• Advertisement

I am reading Spurs offered 30 mil for Eto'o which is 10 mil more than Milan and Inter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

I am reading Spurs offered 30 mil for Eto'o which is 10 mil more than Milan and Inter

Inter already offered 32 million actually.

I think money isnt problem for Spurs as they said also in this news where mentioning transfer fee for Eto'o:D

SSN are reporting Spurs are closing in on Barca's Giovani Dos Santos for £11m.

Spurs reps (about 95% it was Daniel Levy) were in Barcelona last week for talks.

Interesting times ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

SSN are reporting Spurs are closing in on Barca's Giovani Dos Santos for £11m.

Spurs reps (about 95% it was Daniel Levy) were in Barcelona last week for talks.

Interesting times ahead.
    incredably over-rated player imo. seemingly a bit of a merc too.

Tauren wrote: »
    incredably over-rated player imo. seemingly a bit of a merc too.

Should fit in nicely with Dimitar Berbatov then. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

seems capel is on his way to the lane

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=714268

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Should fit in nicely with Dimitar Berbatov then. ;)

if someone said that about a Newcastle player you'd be crying all week about it :)

Mr Alan wrote: »
    if someone said that about a Newcastle player you'd be crying all week about it :)

I would, wouldn't I.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

seems capel is on his way to the lane

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=714268

Capel, Geovanni and Modric :O If the Geovanni and Capel deals come through, Spurs could be a force next season.

• Advertisement

I heard Coupet comes from Lyon

I heard Coupet comes from Lyon

I think that was mainly journos adding 2+2 and coming up with 5.

Coupet is leaving Lyon, Spurs need a new keeper, oh! Spurs must be signing Coupet!

Wouldn't be a bad move though.

Just reading that.I also think thats not so good move btw

Just reading that.I also think thats not so good move btw

Why so? He's better than anyone we have at the club, and while he's getting on in years he'd provide a decent option until we do identify a keeper worth getting in for the long run.

Meanwhile, Spurs sign 16 year old midfielder John Bostock from Crystal Palace:

http://www.spurs.co.uk/news/articles/bostockjoinsclub.html

He is 35 already and anyway he isnt so good like he was before this injury,i just lost some confident in him,maybe i am wrong

He's better than Robinson...:D

Amendment to my previous post re. Bostock:
    We are delighted to announce that we have reached agreement with John Bostock to join the Club.

<snip>

Sporting Director Damien Comolli said: "We are very pleased that John has decided to join us. We know he has the talent but we also know he is only 16 and so we will not rush him. He will have time to develop and will be working within a very talented development squad.

Speaking after signing, John added: "I am definitely ready to make this move and Spurs is the team I wanted to join. I feel this is a club with a great future and this is where I want to be to develop my potential and improve as a player."

Palace are saying no agreement has been reached between the clubs, which means this will probably go to a tribunal to decide a fee. Simon Jordan hates us after we nicked Routledge...:D

He's better than Robinson...:D

Well thats true but i hope Spurs are looking for a quality goalkeeper for next few seasons not just the one whos better than Robinson coz that not hard at all:D

anyone else heard the rumour about Richie Dunne doing a deal while he was in london for the Ireland game.

its on football365 , granted this is the same site that said the Etoo deal was as good as done 2 weeks ago

I have heard he is to have a medical at Spurs Lodge either today or tomorrow.

• Advertisement

How **** must your academy be when you have to nick kids left right and centre.....

Disgrace

Advertisement