Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sapphire Radeon X1600PRO?? Advice please

Options
  • 24-05-2006 10:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hey,

I suppose this should really be in the graphics forum but sure I thought you lads(and lasses) might be able to help me xD. I might put it over there as well.

My 9600XT 256MB just recently went to silicon heaven so I'm looking for a replacement. I'm a student so don't really have a lot of money. I was looking around and this caught my eye on komplett: Sapphire Radeon X1600PRO 512MB DDRII, AGP8X, Tv-Out, DVI-I, Lite-Retail. The price they are asking is 157 euro. Is this good?

I'd appreciate any advice what-so-ever(on the card that is! :p)

Cheers,
    esmurph

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

You might pick up a 6600GT or a 6800GT over in the for sale section for less than that price. 512Mb seems wasted on a x600 and it's DDR2, I'd guess a 256Mb or even a 128Mb card with GDDR3 would outperform it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

6600GT is a great card and there are a few on Komplett in the b grade section for 85 Euro!

Some ome the B grade are just factory samples and are PERFECT other than the fancy box being open or damaged!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

What the two above said.

You'd be better off with a 6600GT or second hand 6800GT/GS

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Lads he linked to an x1600, not an x600....

The x1600 is grand for gaming, run current games at a fairly high level. An okay card, but for 150 you'd get a decent second hand card that'd outperform it....the 512mb ram by the way, don't let that suck you in :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement