Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help removing stereo from golf mark iv

Options
  • 24-05-2006 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Kinda 2 questions really..
    1. Anyone know how to remove the standard stereo from the golf mark iv? I`ve removed radios before but this one has no place to grip or it definitely doesnt look obvious.
    2. Is it easy to install a aiwa CDC-R504MP, i think they have a standard connection
    Attached pics.
    Thanks if anyone can help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

You need two special tools. One of which is inserted avove the RDS button (vertical slot) the other is on the other side of the radio. You can get these tools from a VW dealer or car stereo shop. The connections on your new unit look like ISO connections so you should be ok there.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭saltie

Mate thanks a million I was stumped..

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭conor_mc

I went into Belgard Motors to buy that tool - fair play to the guy on the parts counter, asked me did I just want to pop out the radio and drop them back in to him.

Surely thats a sackable offence in a main dealer?!??! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Omnipresence

Jeeze thanks for the tip.. I need to pop the head unit in my mkIV golf to get access to the CD changer so I can hook up a connection for IPod/MP3 player... the CD changer connection gives CD quality sound.. so much better than those useless FM tuner things...

Will head out to belgard to 'buy' the tools and see what happens... sure at worst I need to buy them anyways...

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

The tools are quite flimsy and only cost a couple of Euros. They are handy to have for when you want to upgrade or remove any part of your ICE.

• Advertisement
Advertisement