Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ric Flair signs new 3 year contract

• 24-05-2006 10:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭

This might be old news for alot of you but I have n't seen it being reported on any of the sites I go to.

Anyway, the observer reported he had just signed a new 3 year deal. His court case about the road rage incident was settled out of court too. And he's currently on honneymoon with his third wife. For those with a good memory, she was sitting beside him at the hall of fame.

All is good it seems in the world of the Nature Boy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

And he's currently on honneymoon with his third wife.

WOOOOOOOOOOO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

I think it's a bit of a joke having old boys like Ric and Vince competing with the younger lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

That's good news but I hope he cuts down the time he spends in the ring. His TLC match with Edge was insane for someone of his age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I don't know if that's good or bad. He's been up and down since he came to WWE. I think at this stage of his career he needs a good opponent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

**** at this stage of his career a 3 year contract???fair ****s to the guy if he thinks he can go another 3 years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I'm sure that even if he doesn't wrestle for the full 3 years, he can still be of value in some other way, either as a manager or in a backstage role

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Fozzy wrote:
    I'm sure that even if he doesn't wrestle for the full 3 years, he can still be of value in some other way, either as a manager or in a backstage role

yea true..the guy is an icon in wrestling and can play so many different roles whether it be like you said a manager or backstage role

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

Flair would be perfect to manage a wrestler. I saw his match against Savage from WM 8 (i think), when Mr. Perfect was his manager, and their chemistry was brilliant. Flair could easily pull off that role with someone new for many years to come.
    Anyway, he can still go in the ring, look at his match with HHH from Survivor Series

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

He's hot and cold in the ring. But he's been in some really memorable matches in the last 12 months. I really liked his cage match with Triple H at Taboo Tuesday. Compare him to other veterans of his age and he blows them out of the water.

I also noticed that in the two times I saw him live he outworked 90% of everyone else taking more big bumps than I thought he would at just a house show.

I think people should enjoy watching Ric Flair perform while we still can. He'll never be duplicated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Flair needs to quit as an active wrestler, simple as that. He is tarnishing his legacy as the greatest of all time with every crappy match he is now involved in. Ideally, Flair needs to go heel again, and be a GM on one of the brands. He can still cut a mean promo, so he should work with his strengths.

Re his third wife, I thought that was his daughter!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Well they should work with his strengths. When was the last time they consistently let him talk?

I don't think he can/wants to quit. While he's not broke, divorces do leave a mark. Plus he wants to lead a certain lifestyle and all the best to him.

Like I said he's been involved in alot of good matches lately. You can't say that about everyone on the Raw brand so let him to it.

Theres still money in one last Flair run, if done right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

He's hot and cold in the ring. But he's been in some really memorable matches in the last 12 months. I really liked his cage match with Triple H at Taboo Tuesday. Compare him to other veterans of his age and he blows them out of the water.
    amen to that, when's the last time you saw hogan come off a ladder through a table and do the JOB, and only on raw not even a PPV

Advertisement