Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3V Cards

Options
  • 24-05-2006 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭

I'm wondering whats the story with these 3V cards from TSB? I see there is a €5 fee, but is this fee on EVERY topup, or is it a once off?

Do you get the one card, or does the card change every tine you top up? The website wasn't very clear on this.
    Why couldn't they just develop a system where you topup this card, which has a constant number - and they don't charge you €5 on every topup, because if that's the case it's daylight robbery!

Too young to get a credit card (17), and its the only option besides using my mothers.
    Any clarification would be much appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

€5 everytime you topup, card is the same all the time and yes it is daylight robbery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

Wow... Screw that idea then, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

yep, every card

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭bravo

And to make it even worse, if you purchase €20 credit and spend €16, the remaining 4 cannot be used and if you want to reclaim it, it costs 2.50. At least if the balance was transferrable it might be ok, but at €5 per top-up as well, it doesn't make economic sense.............except for tsb.

also it doesn't work on certain websites like (at the time i was using it); paypal, and online poker websites.

nice idea, but too costly overall

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,547 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

It saves on interest and all!! It you were to top it up using the max amount it would make sence charging €5 TBH!!

if you want to buy stuff on the internet, maybe have a look at this crowd: http://www.ukash.com/IE/ you can put money in an account through shops around dublin, and it is apparently a lot more flexible. although, i haven't used them myself. should be using them in a little bit, so will post back about whether they were useful or not...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ja_diz

UKash is only accepted on a very limited number of websites. I know they are trying to get more but it is a very slow process - it is trying to be another PayPal bascially. So if an online shop accepts PayPal why would they bother with uKash? 3V is a visa number and can be used anywhere. I've purchased a few of the €350 vouchers which makes the €5 charge small in comparison. Compared to the savings I'm making online to stuff I used to buy in the high street - contact lenses, music downloads (from russia with love!), etc, its a no brainer.

Advertisement