Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

20 y/o adult, developing serious problem

• 25-05-2006 1:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭

I am a 20 year old adult, i am intelligent with a stable homelife, i have a broad array of hobbies, and friends who love me.

But recently i have been developing a severe problem. I am developing a taste for...DANCE MUSIC!

The problem developed from bebo, a lot of people have dance music as thier "flash boxes". At first it was just a bit of fun, i'd nod my head slightly when "Dj SKanGer" or whoever came on. But the problem has gotton out of hand, I find that i'm going onto peoples pages just to listen to thier dance music and downloading dance music. Today I realised that i had a real problem when purchased my first CD.

Should I could get professional help, or should i just resign myself to being a dance music skanger, buy a baseball cap, a civic, and say "yeah man" after everything i say?

Sorry if this should be personal issues.

Comments

you are fcuked man!Might as well start popping those yolks, the more you take , the quicker the alzheimers will come and make you forget about dance music!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Haha, im in the same boat, just go with the flow and be thankful you've got a new genre of music thats easy on your ears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

If you actually dance to it, its a great workout. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Having the same problem myself recently. When I was a young teeny bopper I was into dance music, prodigy experience was what done it for me. Still love the prodigy but thought I had successfully grown out of rave and dance **** years ago after my conversion to brit pop by oasis and then onto better stuff like pearl jam, radiohead, Johnny cash and metallica. Imagine my horror lately as I have begun listen to my younger brothers dance downloads as it brings back a sense of nostalgia because most of it is the same stuff I listened to as a kid remixed and re-released for a new generation of teeny boppers.

At least in my defence I'm going to claim nostalgic reasons for listening to it, remembering a time when I could do the prodigy step without slipping a disk in my back. If you're just getting into it and it’s not a relapse of previous bad taste then your well and truly fuc.ked. Ring the men in white coats and check yourself in now.

scooter :D ahh the memories, actually still have a 2 unlimited cassete tape lying around somewhere. might knock johnny cash off and give get ready for this a bit of air time. :eek: I'm actually serious. Thanks alot OP, thought I had some kind of control over my recent retro dance revival. aparently not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I listen to dance but refrained from the baseball cap at 45 degrees and honda civic peeping over the steering wheel :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

You need 50cc's of Ramones, or at least some Beethoven/Classical if you don't like lyrics! :D

I remember reading somewhere that dance appeals to our most primitive brain functions (amygdala?) due to the repetitive beats being equated to the heartbeat of our mothers while we were in the womb.. blah blah.. etc. Just don't get a burberry cap - and don't go blasting your dance music in the car, people laugh at that ****! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

What strikes me odd about your post op is when you claim to be an adult and yet isnt it sorta, part of being an adult that you don't feel obliged to adhere to a preset social code of dress and way of life ruled by what type of music you prefer. Besides whatever is good to listen to is all that matters and therefore you can have a varied taste in music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

The problem developed from bebo
    Well there's the source of the problem right there, you use bebo. Install Peerguardian and add www.bebo.com to the block list and bingo, problem solved.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Classic - a post about developing a likeing for dance music, saying that's a bad thing - and where does the knob of a mod move the thread to? Yep, you guessed it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭StephenInsane

I was going to say the same thing. Absolute piss-take that this was moved to the dance music forum

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

I am a 20 year old adult, i am intelligent with a stable homelife, i have a broad array of hobbies, and friends who love me.

But recently i have been developing a severe problem. I am developing a taste for...DANCE MUSIC!

The problem developed from bebo, a lot of people have dance music as thier "flash boxes". At first it was just a bit of fun, i'd nod my head slightly when "Dj SKanGer" or whoever came on. But the problem has gotton out of hand, I find that i'm going onto peoples pages just to listen to thier dance music and downloading dance music. Today I realised that i had a real problem when purchased my first CD.

Should I could get professional help, or should i just resign myself to being a dance music skanger, buy a baseball cap, a civic, and say "yeah man" after everything i say?

Sorry if this should be personal issues.

yeah i think you need to seek professional help :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Im not really feelin the whole "dance music=skanger" thing.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

It really pisses me off the way dance music has a nacker reputation. I'd be the first to say that yes, a lot of scumbags listen to dance music, but generally its what I like to call 'nacker trance'. You rarely finid a nacker that is in to quality house music. Its usually more about the super high bpm's and copious drugs that they are into.

I also resent the honda civic comment, as I have now had 4 honda civic's - everyone knows they are fantastic cars. Would you consider this a nacker car?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

first of all that crap on bebo isnt dance music, and if your listenin to it on your friends dance pages then i take it your friends are knackers yea?

if you listened to the proper dance music and went to dance nights, Ascii Disco, Electric City, Pogo etc. to name a few, you'd see the crowd, and you'll be hard pushed to find a scanger. you'd prob find more scaldy knackers listening to r&b at other clubs tbh.

and a good lot of people who admitadly listen to sh1te dance in their early years, change dance genres to the less commercial stuff, minimal techno, house or electro. and i'd be surprised if anyone here who calls dance music "knacker music" has actually listened to anything other than the horrible commercial productions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭smokes

VinnyL wrote:
    first of all that crap on bebo isnt dance music, and if your listenin to it on your friends dance pages then i take it your friends are knackers yea?

if you listened to the proper dance music and went to dance nights, Ascii Disco, Electric City, Pogo etc. to name a few, you'd see the crowd, and you'll be hard pushed to find a scanger. you'd prob find more scaldy knackers listening to r&b at other clubs tbh.

and a good lot of people who admitadly listen to sh1te dance in their early years, change dance genres to the less commercial stuff, minimal techno, house or electro. and i'd be surprised if anyone here who calls dance music "knacker music" has actually listened to anything other than the horrible commercial productions
    your right there mate,more scumbags are listening to r n b,and i curse r n b for takin the life out of dance music,the majority of people who like dance music nowadays are the real heads who are more interested in the music side of it than goin out to pose and just hang around clubs where the most people seem to be goin a lot of clubs that played good dance music for so long are now playin r n b and it disgusts me to see it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

lol @ the new location of this thread.
    OP prepare to get owned by the dance lovers.
    You'll be a teckno junkie in no time. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Get out fool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Real dance music as Vinny L says is to be found in some of the smaller underground clubs,cheesy euro trance and hard house do not fall into that category either,funky house/techno,breakbeat and drum n bass would not to mention of course proper old skool music,Bebo is for kids anyway no self respecting person into the dance scene would go on that kiddies website,myspace.com is a lot better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

class thread, especially since it was moved in here. Where are all the "dance music is for knackers" folk now eh?

OP you don't like dance music, you're becoming a knacker, big difference. How do i know this...because you referred to baseball caps and civics and DJ Skanger who in turn is the greatest knacker dj ever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Exon

That monrose/dj rankin stuff isn't music at all!

I'm a huge fan of decent 'rave', I wouldn't be caught dead listening to any of tha t **** or hard house euphoria etc. Anyone like the asylum type stuff? I just got a few new records the other day.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I am liking some dance songs also OP, I fear for my 'taste'. It may only be one out of every hundred songs by the artist but..what if that grows???
    Now where are my popping pills.
    /Sticks on DJ Shadow mixed with Kraftwerk, Dj Tiga and Dj pauly 'TJ' bob tawiliker. \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

kraftwek headlining i love techno this year too lads!!

www.ilovetechno.be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

"The problem developed from bebo..."

I stopped reading and caring at this point.

Enjoy your new found taste. Check out the essential mix sticky at the top of the page if you'd like to advance that taste further.

Advertisement