Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japanese tattoo artist

Options
  • 25-05-2006 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone here has got any trad Japanese work done.

Im looking for someone to recommend a tattoo artist that they have used.

Will travel :-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Personally I stayed away from Japanese work as I would only like to get it done in Japan, but if I was to get it done in Ireland I would go to Justin Russell in Zulu, he is amazing. I have seen some Japanese sleevework in his portfolio and it is excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

Blub2k4 wrote:
    Personally I stayed away from Japanese work as I would only like to get it done in Japan, but if I was to get it done in Ireland I would go to Justin Russell in Zulu, he is amazing. I have seen some Japanese sleevework in his portfolio and it is excellent.

This is correct ^

The more I see of that guys work the more I wonder how the rest of them call themselves artists.

Some of his stuff is jaw-dropping, although I believe he has had patchy periods.

I have him lined up for at least two tattoos once my sleeve is done, he's getting my ribs to turn into something beautiful ;)

Blub2k4 wrote:
    The more I see of that guys work the more I wonder how the rest of them call themselves artists.

Some of his stuff is jaw-dropping, although I believe he has had patchy periods.

I have him lined up for at least two tattoos once my sleeve is done, he's getting my ribs to turn into something beautiful ;)

Yeah he's doing my sleeve at the moment and can't wait to see the finished product.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭DinoBot

Wow, I thoought people would be telling me to go to england or something :-)

How can i get a look at some of his work ?

What type of sleeve are you guys getting ? .... any chance of a peek :p

• Advertisement

DinoBot wrote:

There are good artists in Ireland too!

Go into Zulu tattoo and ask to see his portfolio. I'm getting a mixture of things on my sleeve, we've only started the centre piece on my forearm. I'll upload pictures after the next session as it's just out lines at the moment.

My sleeve is not being done by Justin, that's Ag Marbhs, my sleeve so far (most of it) is in the I'll show you mine thread, but Justin is not doing my work yet.
    He will be doing some work on my ribs, one piece being the colour portrait of Dali on the wall in Gav Rowes booth in Zulu and on the other side on the ribs am gonna get a new school piece with some booze and drug symbolism on it it is still to be designed and has to do with personal demons. I still have to get him to draw something up, I may go into him today to discuss that actually.

Blub2k4 wrote:
    booze and drug symbolism on it it is still to be designed and has to do with personal demons.

Hear! Hear!

I could do with will power tattoo'd onto my brain too :)

DinoBot wrote:

If you sign up to www.inkednation.com and look for jayrussell then look at the stuff he has on there, that's the only stuff I know of him online.

Actually a quick google turns up his myspace page and he has work on there it seems.
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=68187211

Check that **** out :D

juz009.jpg

There's a Japanese piece from his folio.

• Advertisement

Also if you go into Zulu, ask to see Tara's arm if she is there, he's done a really sick Bella Lugosi vampire on her arm that made me pee a little in my pants when I saw it. And I hate the demonic Paul Booth ****e, but Justin transcends styles by just being a really good artist, he can do them all it would seem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

I haven't seen justins japanese work so can't comment on that but the girl who's doing my backpiece also does amazing japanese style work.

I was just in talking to Justin, and I mentioned this thread to him. He says he loves doing Japanese.

I also discussed my design with him and he's going to draw it up for me :)

Advertisement