Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delivery

Options
  • 25-05-2006 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Monday: Ordered memory of an Irish company - paid extra for next day DHL delivery.

Tuesday: Bought a hard drive off a guy in Ireland on ebay and paid for it immediately.

Wednesday: Friend in Galway sends me a package.

Friday morning: I have the package from my friend.
    No sign of the DHL package.
    No sign of the ebay package.

:mad: Last time I pay extra for 'fast' delivery.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

thats because delivery in ireland is a bit hit and miss, especially in rural areas . The shambles that is our postal service is the worst aspect of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Sponge Bob wrote:
    thats because delivery in ireland is a bit hit and miss, especially in rural areas . The shambles that is our postal service is the worst aspect of it.

I was getting them sent to my work address in Dublin 4!!

Anyway, one came yesterday and the other came today so I shall not complain too much :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,409 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

if the memory came from pc memory upgrade i've bought lots off them and always go for cheapest delivery (an post) and almost always get next day delivery - trust couriers as far as i can throw them especially up the country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dts

Its all too hit and miss. We need a service like the 24hr they have in the UK. Yes you pay more, but you get what you pay for.
    Also on the subject of delivery, I hate the fact that Argo charge for deliverys outside of Dublin. There are now stores all over the country but for anything other than the smallest of items you have to have them delivered. This stinks as the item you want maybe cheeper that any where else but by the time you add a delivery charge on top it becomes more expensive. Come on Argos sort this out!

Advertisement