Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banana Bread/Cake Problem- Help please ?

• 25-05-2006 12:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hey All - ^__^ heres the Question -

It's been a while since I've baked BananaBread - but when I did, It always seemed to Goo up in the Middle in black lumps.

Upon Finishing baking, it would taste alright, but still look like something did something nasty to it.

I was wondering if anyone knows a method in where One could make BananaBread and make it Pristine in Color ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

how are you preparing it?

Sounds like your oven isn't passing the heat (could be wrong here)
    Im sure you have placed it in the center of the oven when baking?
    need more info really

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Drakol wrote:
    Hey All - ^__^ heres the Question -

It's been a while since I've baked BananaBread - but when I did, It always seemed to Goo up in the Middle in black lumps.

Upon Finishing baking, it would taste alright, but still look like something did something nasty to it.

I was wondering if anyone knows a method in where One could make BananaBread and make it Pristine in Color ??
    do you puree the bananas or not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

My Granny's banana bread did that, it still tasted delicious. I think it happened because she would cut the bananas and layer them with the dough so there would be large pockets of banana-y goodness. I'm sure that if you purée tha bananas as County suggests it'll keep the colour monochrome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Drakol

Emmm... that could be the Problem - The Banana's are Diced but not mixed to a Paste-like Substance, Is thier a Difference ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,784 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Slice the bananas into 1cm chunks & roughly mash them with a fork.
    You need a semi-solid mixture - not a runny batter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

These sound good, anyone got a recipe?

Advertisement