Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegetarian Help ?

• 25-05-2006 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hey~ I'm not a Vegetarian myself, Omnivore - Carnivore at Heart . But-

My Brother is a *Semi?* Vegetarian, and I don't know what to cook for him. I bake stuff and other things, but My brother has problems with eating and doesn't eat meat at all.

UnHealthy if you ask me, if he accidentaly eats meat, He goes to the Bathroom and... Expels it forcefully.
    Also - He has IBS , to Wheat, Rye, Flour ?? Or something- so he doesn't eat Bread or Cakes or anything.
    The Only thing I see him Eat are Fish and other things, Even though he has IBS he still eats chips and sometimes sandwiches, and stays in the bathroom for the day after.... ewww

Anyway - I was wondering if anyone knows what their is for a Vegetarian to eat if he doesn't eat Bread or anything like that~

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

I find VegWeb to be a pretty good recipie site.

Has your brother ever had "imitation" meats like Quorn or Linda McCartney? You'll find them in most supermarkets and health shops. Ask him if he has an alergy to dairy or egg because Quorn does have dairy and egg in it. There are of course vegan "imitation" meats too (I think Linda McCartney products are vegan) but you'll mostly find them in health shops. You'd find lots of things like mince, "chicken" stle pieces/filltes/nuggets, sausages/sausage rolls, "beef" style chunks mince lasagnes/sheppherd's pie etc.

Hope that helps a bit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

A google search for 'IBS recipes' throws up a lot of good links to support groups and newsletters. I hope your brother is in regular contact with a physician/dietician?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Drakol

Not really - He doesn't seem to be effected by it, He Ignores the Pain it puts him through as long as he likes the food ~_~ which isn't healthy either.

I'll check through the IBS Recipes and also the Quorn, Currently he eats Tofu Immitations of Meats etc, from HongKong. But thats not a Large Supply~

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

Why from Hong Kong??

Yeah it sounds like he needs to be a bit more carefull about what he eats, I'm sure there's lots of meals he could make that he just doesn't know about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Drakol

Hong Kong ? cause it has the best stuff ^^

• Advertisement
Advertisement