Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

morgage for foreign property - hassle.

Options
  • 25-05-2006 12:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

looking for a company to lend me 70k to invest in spain. i am a manager of a toy store on roughly 30k per year.
    i do not own my home. but have a 100%clean bank record, never been in the red. car payments all on time. and they still will not give me a deal.
    would anyone know anyone who deals in this area . irish permanant are complete tossers IMHO.
    9 years with them .
    and the one time i need them. no joy.

Mod EDIT: Added IMHO after "irish permanent are complete tossers" !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

first, what does "firigen" mean in the thread title?

would a spanish bank not lend you money against the property? I got the impression they were willing to quite easily lend 50% against a spanish property.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭whosdaman

hahaha so sorry forigen ..................
    spanish banks . id rather do it this side of the water , id feel more secure.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭conor_mc

To be honest, I'd be very surprised if PTSB would lend for foreign properties unless it was at least partially secured against a property in Ireland. I doubt it's anything personal.

What plans have you got for this investment property? Did you put together a business plan? Research the market? Were you able to show them reliable rental income figures?

Why not try a bank more inclined towards investment property, such as IIB?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

I'm with IIB and unfortunately you cannot get a mortgage for a foreign property. We had to get a topup on an existing mortgage. Think its the same with all banks here. You can get a mortgage for a house in the UK but anywhere else its a no no. This should change soon I'd say as the market and demand for this type of mortgage is out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Let me get this straight - you expect a bank to lend you 70k for a property in god knows where with no security? What do you think a bank is?

• Advertisement
Advertisement